Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ringworm from the kittens. One has it on its paw that we didn't catch until too late. Can't get spayed until gone, can't get adopted until spayed. This one was trying to get onto my desk and jumped from the bed in my office/spare bedroom to my shoulders/head and scratched me, with that paw apparently, on the top of my head. So my daily baseball hat is toast too. 5 yrs old and still going strong. Boo.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ringworm from the kittens. One has it on its paw that we didn't catch until too late. Can't get spayed until gone, can't get adopted until spayed. This one was trying to get onto my desk and jumped from the bed in my office/spare bedroom to my shoulders/head and scratched me, with that paw apparently, on the top of my head. So my daily baseball hat is toast too. 5 yrs old and still going strong. Boo.
Foster kittens they said.......

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Lower back is tight from hustling to get the hitch extension into place last night. normally I put it on a step stool ans lever up one und and move it up into the receiver. I skipped the step stool and and just hoisted it into place while on one knee under the back of the camper. Sucker weighs 100 pounds

So espresso and ibuprofen it will be this morning

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Quick check in with the doctor and it looks like I can start PT already which is brilliant only 10 days since I broke it. Compared to 2003 when I broke it last time and I walked around doing nothing for 5 week and my arm was a noodle at the end. Will be interesting to see when I can start road biking again. I will move the handle bar up as high as possible and see how I feel.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Trades are done with the reno. Except stove exhaust hood and associated hole in the roof for vent tube.

Now it is my turn.
Paint.
Trim - Baseboards, windows and doors.
Install curtain rods and hang drapes
Build and install barn doors on closets.
Sand out and refinish stairs and railings :fie:
Face stairs with leftover engineameered hardwood.

Today: Baseboards and door casings in the living room as it has already been painted.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Today I work in the fancy hospital in stoney's 'hood, eating their doctors lounge foods, and then rehearsal #2 for my wind ensemble tonight downtown.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You seem awfully close to a large bear, Babs. :hmm:
I see them all the time. They don't care about people. I am in favor of an annual hunt in town because they are freakin everywhere. Being neither a hunter or a gun owner myself, I don't know how they'd pull off a hunt though in the middle of the suburbs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Worked at the local animal shelter when I was in college, picked up a case of scabies. There was always a risk in getting a disease playing with pussy in college, but that was not how I expected it to happen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah... you don't.
There are ways. Every year since 2013, there has been a deer hunt in the Blue Hills Reservation near me. It's within a few miles of Boston and surrounded by suburbia. It started as a shotgun + archery affair, but there was enough opposition (protestors wanted to dose deer with birth control instead) that it's down to just an archery hunt, if it even continues. Deer in MA are overpopulated and are having adverse impacts on the forests, so they've relied on hunter control to try and reduce numbers, but so far they've held steady, especially once the shotgun hunt was canceled.

Anyway, they do issue permits in certain instances for suburban wildlife control. Just so happens a lot of the dirty work takes place outside of public view, since people aren't used to seeing such things anymore.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There are ways. Every year since 2013, there has been a deer hunt in the Blue Hills Reservation near me. It's within a few miles of Boston and surrounded by suburbia. It started as a shotgun + archery affair, but there was enough opposition (protestors wanted to dose deer with birth control instead) that it's down to just an archery hunt, if it even continues. Deer in MA are overpopulated and are having adverse impacts on the forests, so they've relied on hunter control to try and reduce numbers, but so far they've held steady, especially once the shotgun hunt was canceled.

Anyway, they do issue permits in certain instances for suburban wildlife control. Just so happens a lot of the dirty work takes place outside of public view, since people aren't used to seeing such things anymore.
it's amazing how the hunting population segregates itself once firearms aren't involved

:popcorn:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Yeah... I could see perhaps an archery thing... but letting gun folk hunt in the suburbs is... inadvisable. I mean - if you have a big preserve in the middle of the suburbs, I guess it would be fine, but "hunt in the suburbs" to me means you see houses close by wherever you are.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
so the end of september....too late....color gone?
Nope - end of September should be OK - you'll likely not get to see the really impressive "high country" stands of aspens (above 10K), but the lower stands should still have some color.

Disclaimer: if there is a major weather/wind event between Sep 15th and when you come out, all bets are off and *all* aspens could be bare. Except the ones down here...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
havin' a shit fit of it.

been struggling with diarrhea for like three days. Finally seemed to be getting over the hump, just to be sidelined with a migraine. Just a normal "Shit can't drive for an hour, and it's going to hurt when I sneeze for a couple of days" kind of headache. Then I woke up this morning with what people call a suicide headache for good reason. Haven't had one since I was like 15. Nothing helps, so I spend about 6 hours writhing in bed waiting for it to pass or fall asleep. Finally it did...now it REALLY hurts to sneeze, but the headache seems to be disippating. There goes my training schedule, but maybe I can get something done.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
havin' a shit fit of it.

been struggling with diarrhea for like three days. Finally seemed to be getting over the hump, just to be sidelined with a migraine. Just a normal "Shit can't drive for an hour, and it's going to hurt when I sneeze for a couple of days" kind of headache. Then I woke up this morning with what people call a suicide headache for good reason. Haven't had one since I was like 15. Nothing helps, so I spend about 6 hours writhing in bed waiting for it to pass or fall asleep. Finally it did...now it REALLY hurts to sneeze, but the headache seems to be disippating. There goes my training schedule, but maybe I can get something done.
That sucks. Been around any non-vaccinated makless freedom warriors ?