Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
it's amazing how the hunting population segregates itself once firearms aren't involved

:popcorn:
The state publishes a harvest report the following year that is very insightful. For instance...

2019:
1 days of shotgun hunting across 2,395 acres, 80 hunters (out of 514 applicants) harvested a total of 8 deer.

11 days of archery hunting across 2,395 acres, 185 hunters (out of 399 applicants) harvested a total of 17 deer.

2020 (shotgun hunting not allowed):
11 days of archery hunting across 2,622 acres, 186 hunters (out of 356 applicants) harvested a total of 19 deer.

So a healthy interest in the hunt, both for shotguns and archery. As expected, there is a clear disparity in efficacy, which might be why there's less interest in archery. I can attest to it being much, much more difficult.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The state publishes a harvest report the following year that is very insightful. For instance...

2019:
1 days of shotgun hunting across 2,395 acres, 80 hunters (out of 514 applicants) harvested a total of 8 deer.

11 days of archery hunting across 2,395 acres, 185 hunters (out of 399 applicants) harvested a total of 17 deer.

2020 (shotgun hunting not allowed):
11 days of archery hunting across 2,622 acres, 186 hunters (out of 356 applicants) harvested a total of 19 deer.

So a healthy interest in the hunt, both for shotguns and archery. As expected, there is a clear disparity in efficacy, which might be why there's less interest in archery. I can attest to it being much, much more difficult.
does your state separate shotgun from rifle seasons (or statistics) for deer? here in PA they fall under the same season, the only firearms that have their own special seasons are muzzleloaders and flintlocks.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
does your state separate shotgun from rifle seasons (or statistics) for deer? here in PA they fall under the same season, the only firearms that have their own special seasons are muzzleloaders and flintlocks.
Massachusetts does not allow rifle hunting for deer (for population density reasons I can only assume), only archery, shotgun, and primitive.

They each have their own distinct seasons, but archery equipment may be used throughout all. To my knowledge, only the western counties in New Hampshire allow rifles, while Vermont and Maine are both fully rifle friendly. The rules are a bit haphazard in these parts.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
01616_1LRba3jNJSLz_0CI0t2_1200x900[1].jpg

Thinkin about scoring a retrobike for sticking on the trainer and occasionally derping with the kids. It would free up my much nicer derp bike for more aggressive derping (as it's currently on the trainer) and I can occasionally pull this thing off to thrash down steep lawns, just like the pros in 1997

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I bought an old Specialized for this reason. And then I donated it immediately. It was AWFUL. Geometry, bars, tires, shifting, brakes. All awful.

The old days were bad.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I bought an old Specialized for this reason. And then I donated it immediately. It was AWFUL. Geometry, bars, tires, shifting, brakes. All awful.

The old days were bad.
Yeah, I mean this is going to sit on the trainer with drop bars for 95% of its life, then occasionally come out when I want for race @w00dy and his new babyphat

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I have been up, switching between sitting and standing since 10 am this morning. I'm feeling much better this afternoon than I did this morning. Mornings seem to always be the worst.

But there's talk of sending me home soon. Tomorrow or Thursday.

I got the nurses to snap a picture of the incision while they were changing my dressing:
20210831_150200~2.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

The old days were bad.
I got on my old bike awhile back ('01 NRS) when I was visiting the kids in Montana... and couldn't BELIEVE how awful it was. I nearly went over the handlebars JRA. :panic:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It actually stood for “Non Resonant System”, and was supposedly a by-product of F1 auto research by Renault, IIRC. But we called it “Non Responsive Suspension”. Among other things. I did ride one full tilt down Porc and didn’t break myself or the bike…

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I have been up, switching between sitting and standing since 10 am this morning. I'm feeling much better this afternoon than I did this morning. Mornings seem to always be the worst.

But there's talk of sending me home soon. Tomorrow or Thursday.

I got the nurses to snap a picture of the incision while they were changing my dressing:
View attachment 164276
Nice zipper Looks like your back got 3 more staples than my ankle did