Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Felt a little off last night. Yep woke up with a sore throat. Not allowed to go to work.

Hopefully it passes, looks like my new helmet light might show up and I'd like to try it out tomorrow night.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Working on my first dose of bean juice. Busy day. Also have a meeting tonight to hear how the local town wants to reroute US 30,since their planning has turned it into a stoplight nightmare. My house is in the middle of the new route :banghead:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Another busy day - it looks like it will be that way until eoy. Realized last night that my my new jacket won't have insulated pockets, so I need to sort that out for the phone & batteries for Wifey's gloves. Apparently there are base layers w/ pockets, so those are on the list to get now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Big one got the vaxx yesterday afternoon. Seems fine today- no additional signs of autism.

Can't wait for the little guy to get it so we can breathe a sigh of relief. I know we're still not out of the woods, but it'll be a lot better than worrying that every kyle or karen is carrying the black plague.

Taking a break from working out, but I want to get back into it. I have been sleeping great though!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Various traffic issues this morning. Traffic jam at my usual exit, then another traffic jam at my re-route. So, I had to take option 3. Still, it only took just as long as my normal drive was at my old job.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Be safe. My first time back of after my back surgery was really slow and really short. I think I rode around the block and it was at "ride with your 4 y/o" pace. I'm pretty sure that was when I started slowing down. The "land mine" incident which @Nick can attest to was a hellacious crash was when I started largely staying on the ground when I ride. Same since I blew up my shoulder two years ago. My go-fast pace and urge is just... gone. Just assume a big throttle back going forward.
yup, this is pretty much the pace I rode at. Full loop to school and back is +/- 4km (2.5 miles), the majority is on bike path. The toughest part was going up the small hill at the end (just one block, so quite short) since my bike is single speed. There's some weirdness going on in my lower back between my ribs and hip. Still have lots to work on with physio and massage. Outside of shoulders are weak too... feels like the back of the deltoid maybe?

anyways, this was just a test. I might try and bring them to school again if weather permits, but I'm not going to be doing any long rides for a while. not till fatbike season I reckon, and then only once the trails are well established and there's no ice.

still, it felt amazing to be back on a bike again!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In between "work" I need to:
  • Take out the tube and put in spooge on my new rear fatty tyre I mounted last night
  • On wife's fatty, swap in the new rear tyre. Then swap bars, stem, shifter and brakes with her old trail bike
  • Clean up her old trail bike and mine and list them for sale - large black anno and XL raw Turner Burners in case anyone knows someone who needs a good starter bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

It has come to the point where I may be looking for a new job. This would be July or so--I have a 6 month notice clause and will give it until January.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
report back on tightness of spot and throw. seems like a nice little unit!
Canada Post delivered it 6 days earlier than their estimated time. :)

Its a solid light and should do well as a helmet light. Its definitely bright as feck. The light itself looks a lot more blue/white than my existing lights. Can't wait to try it out, as my helmet light has been in limp mode for at least a year - basically it just serves as a backup, can't even see it over my bar mounted light.

And now just waiting for a call back from my works rapid covid test center for my appointment. Ugh.