Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yesterday our neighbor got a fine for unloading an air gun at less than 300m from a residence. $200 plus court fees. He wasn't there.

Next step, small claims court at the end of the month.

Today, plastering in a staircase with ghetto scaffolding. Wish me luck!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Started consolidating stuff, going to sell one of the boats, a motorcycle, and possibly a vehicle. Coach should be out of the shop and ready to roll any day. Organizing piles of what goes in storage and what goes in the coach.

In other news,

the cough is coming back soon as the antibiotics ended

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Just saw that two of the most popular "pay to play" trail networks in Quebec City are adding a 25% cost increase for ebikes. I lolled.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bet I'd still get pieces of mail from random companies about my mortgage.
You'll be getting post until the end of time and then a little afterwards from random shitty companies telling you to refinance with them and save.

Somehow altering our cable package to save $50/month meant new cable modem and tv box again. The new tv box no longer has a clock on the front. Xfinity you suck.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woke up at midnight to the horrid smell of dog barf next to the bed. Good thing I can fall back asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow post clean up. Espresso, eats then off to the Delta for the morning then back to the bayside for the afternoon.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
SDM and E47
Haven't been to E47 yet, but not really shocking for SDM. I was kind of surprised at how large and nice of a lodge they have there. And even fancy shmancy electronic gates in the parking lot.

I guess they have to pay for those somehow. :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ah, we meet again

wife is sick. she opted to stay in the guest room so as not to disturb me...until 2am, when she decided she wanted the big bed and coughed sniffled and flailed until I went into the guest room. Slept like shit from 2-6 as a result :( now I feel like death. Missed my workout but maybe I'll get to it later today

bike news- thinking about getting a drop stem for the TT bike to compliment the lower front end. really want an FSA SL-K, but don't want to spend $100 on the stem of a $500 bike. Thinking about a chinese/taiwanese knockoff as an alternative, even though I always rail against knockoff steering components. I don't see that much torque on the front of a TT bike ridden on smooth roads in straight lines...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Haven't been to E47 yet, but not really shocking for SDM. I was kind of surprised at how large and nice of a lodge they have there. And even fancy shmancy electronic gates in the parking lot.

I guess they have to pay for those somehow. :D
They will be bough by Six Flags eventually.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shitbox day number 2 starts shortly.

Haley's race is tonight. I'm expecting all of the league kids show up tonight, so more fast kids. She's still holding times faster than all of them regularly, so she's aiming for pole. Still working on launching, since it's a grid start, but she should be fine. Learning to hit the gas the second the flag moves vs.waitinf for it to sweep is what got her last time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm just glad one of our mortgage payments (ie: daycare in Massachusetts) will be over in about 3 years.
I'm very much looking forward to my youngest not having preschool costs. I think I have 1.25 more years of that, 2.75 more years of student loan payments (nearly 0 interest! but still money each month), and 4 years of paying my 403(b) back for the loan I took from it for house #2.

Then I should add a third mortgage to replace those costs eh. Might actually do this for a ski-in ski-out condo like the ones they're planning to build on the Mary Jane side. Convert mountain house (#1) into a 100% short term rental.

In other news I work 7-4 today, in house. Got to work some days, I guess.