Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got my bonus number today, about 2.5x my target with the individual and company performance multipliers.

BRB, buying an island. Or maybe just another bike. Or moar college tuition...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woke up 30 minutes early so fed the dogs and made myself a nice mug of espresso which I am sipping at my leisure.. It's supposed to hit 70F today and I have only 6 transports to do out in the delta so I should have an enjoyable day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. :(

Ended up staying home and being lazy yesterday, which was nice. When we were contemplating leaving to go skiing, it started to rain so we said F that.

95% of the snow has melted at the house, after days of above freezing temps. Of course it snowed again this morning a few inches.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just tested buying groceries at King Soopers and Safeway online for the first time today. Everything but vegetables, as Wifey likes to pick those. But it should allow for the reduction of impulse buys and make sure we're getting everything vs the wander around and multiple stores to not get everything. Let's see how it goes...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just tested buying groceries at King Soopers and Safeway online for the first time today. Everything but vegetables, as Wifey likes to pick those. But it should allow for the reduction of impulse buys and make sure we're getting everything vs the wander around and multiple stores to not get everything. Let's see how it goes...
we've been doing online ordering type stuff for a while.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Working 1-5 pm from home today. Basement water damage contractors will be by at noon, presumably to do a bit of demolition.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Mine is included with my paycheck this week too! Nice bonus, but the net pay is literally half the gross. That 18% 401K deduction was killer.
You'll thank yourself when you're old and decrepit.

The past few years our company has put an additional 3% on top of the bonus into our 401ks as well. Hoping that happens again.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
yea mines the same. although my contributions are way above that, i bumped mine way above that when my wife lost her job to compensate.
My contribution is 11 or 12% I believe at this point. When I started with the company it was 6% with an annual increase plan.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Start putting everything you buy in a list based on its food group, then when you shop all you have to do is click. I also buy dry stuff or non perishables from amazon pantry, its cheaper than Safeway, my safeway lists are essentially perishable groceries only now.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I switched jobs at the end of the year and took a nice raise in the process. Then last week, my new Director says "hey, let's review your bonus and raise" ... which I thought was a wash due to the move/raise 60 days before. SUPER TERRIFIC surprise, if I don't say so.

Our neighbor at our camp on Lake Champlain, who is an RN helping with Hilarie's care, had her septic system fail. It doesn't seem as though she has sufficient in way of land and soil type for even an engineered solution.

This morning I told her that if it'd help, we'll try to transfer ownership of our camp, which we don't really use any more, to her. We'll see what happens.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Our neighbor at our camp on Lake Champlain, who is an RN helping with Hilarie's care, had her septic system fail. It doesn't seem as though she has sufficient in way of land and soil type for even an engineered solution.

This morning I told her that if it'd help, we'll try to transfer ownership of our camp, which we don't really use any more, to her. We'll see what happens.
Good on you. :thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got a dry cough last night that has continued all day. Still no corona.

Operation is scheduled for April 7th. So I have some time to prepare to aboard the pain train.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gold popped 2k
Yeah... I know. Feel like I want to vomit. Before the invasion I saw potential for a good wedding season since Covid is winding down and people will want to have large weddings again. And I only need a few wedding sets to make my thru hike happen. But now, I am not very hopeful. This sucks and I can feel the stress and anxiety ramping up. Not good, not at all.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
With all these prices going up it seems like a good time to start a war…

Also, way too early in the week for such high FTS levels.