Quantcast

***le tuesderp GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
FTS.

I did a parachute jump once and I consider that checked off the list.
I went a handful of times and know a bunch of serious skydivers. I actually lived near an airport that had the highest percentage of skydiving deaths in the country. Not a single one was an 'accident' in the sense that there was an equipment failure. Just people doing really stupid shit that you're not supposed to do.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I think I’m a bit of an anomaly when it comes to skydiving, not scared, have no reason to avoid it, just no interest in doing it. Somehow it just doesn’t seem interesting. If I had an actual reason to go do it, sure, but I’m not going to block out a morning and spend money on it.

Still positive for the Vid, now it’s just annoying, this is the least bad I’ve felt while stayinghome from work. Going to sinus flush tonight in an attempt to wash out old dirty boogers in order to get a fresh sample.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Had a great day at summer school...taught for 30 minutes then went on a train ride and supervised lunch/recess afterward. Packaging up some SiliPints to ship and taking the kid to work...she'll be able to drive herself in just a couple of weeks :eek:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's something that will never be on any list of mine. :fie:
Was always on my list. Buddies did it while I was on a trip with Wifey. Most agro, "let's do stupid stuff for fun" friends were like "yeah. That was cool but scary as fuck and we're never doing it again." This is including a guy who has hucked 50'+ cliffs on skis. That was good enough for me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was always on my list. Buddies did it while I was on a trip with Wifey. Most agro, "let's do stupid stuff for fun" friends were like "yeah. That was cool but scary as fuck and we're never doing it again." This is including a guy who has hucked 50'+ cliffs on skis. That was good enough for me.
yea, skydiving is a big fat nope for me. same with bungee jumping.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Friend of mine was huge into skydiving at Uni, so I’ve done a couple of jumps, plus some paragliding. I prefer paragliding.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It was still over 90F with 50+% humidity at 6PM, ideal riding conditions, so I rode a bit. :crazy: Legs were still tired from weekend riding and I just can't put the hammer down when it's hot and muggy as fuck. We're hitting 100F on Thursday and brutal humidity this weekend, that's gonna be fun. :panic:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
League tonight for Haley. 2nd in qualifying; 2nd in the final. Had lots of issues with lap traffic. Every time a gap would be opened, she'd hunt him down, but get stuck in lap traffic again.

Kids in 1st and 3rd are her normal (only, really) competition at this point. Their dads are pushing to get her into outdoor. Both have extra karts and said to find time when we can all meet up so they can get laps in, loaning her karts. Both are assuming she'd almost immediately be competitive at the state level. Also said they'd sell her a competitive kart (it's an arm's war of who has money to buy faster karts) below market, if that's what it takes to get her out.

Nandini (teen league girl) wants to start driving with her indoors on weekends, so we're trying to make it happen while I'm in DC this weekend.

Lots of ground swell, if you will, to push her into gas karts.

Also, creepy old dude at CoSprings track is selling it. So she'll never have to deal with him again.