Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My biggest problem with these office days in that people want to stop by my office and talk to me. I don't get that at home. God dammit. Hair Nation on the SiriusXM was on fire during the drive in tho.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hello!

I will try to ride in to the office tomorrow for the first time. Should be easy enough, traffic is bad these days and the EEB is ready to go. There are no traffic laws in waltham so I can just cut through everything

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
do a wheelie the entire way. bonus points for flipping the bird to drivers stuck in traffic
I wouldn't be the only one. Mighty tempted to buy a surron and just YOLO my SWAG, but there are actual laws in civilized country and I don't want to get arrested. Shockingly difficult to legalize those, even as a motorcycle. Got the bug for an eMoto, mostly to save gas and because my commute is mostly low-speed twisties now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Soccer for Hannah tonight. Working.

Wifey and I had a pretty extensive talk about karting.
The KA Sr racers started posting videos as fingers were being pointed and it was pretty clear that the first bad crash & flip in the heat was caused by the older guys who showed up to race the track. That pushed a normally sound group of 20-ish 15-23 y/o's who always race each other into 30 with 10 new racers who haven't been on track in years. They should have been in a separate class KA Masters because there were enough of them. The video of the flip hitting the corner worker, more info coming out that he was clearly poorly placed, was facing the wrong direction, and is okay with just* a couple of broken ribs helped. And knowing that the driver was fine; they only took him because he wasn't ejected - because he hit the corner worker - started to solidify how absolutely fucking bizarre and abnormal that was.

We talked about risk and how I've been doing everything to put her into mitigated risk situations including changing her class, already planning on moving out of this league next year, moving to a class that will keep her at the same speed but a full-sized chassis (even though it means a new motor), and then racing a Natl series that only has four races with a class that hasn't been larger than 25 in a couple of years. Plus that even if she does eventually end up in KA Sr, she will have 4-5yrs of outdoor racing, plus 2yrs of indoor, plus 2-3yrs at the national level, let alone that she is within .3sec of a multi time Natl podium placer, makes it pretty clear that she will be more than ready with tons of experience to race at that level. *IF* she is still racing at that point.

She had a long conversation with Haley, largely about safety. I don't know much about the substance of it. But it sounds like Haley just reiterated what I've already said. She doesn't take unnecessary risks, which is why we (me and coaches) are spending time on passing now.

She's still not comfortable with it, but it sounds like karting is happening. Now to figure out the kart and motor for next year. And get her more involved with Greg, Kyle, Cesar, etc. so that she understands how much support and focus on her and safety is really there.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Corn field pooping. . . No washlet needed
is it like using the three seashells or what

/me was traffic for an hour. driving to Highlands Ranch. have to do this a week from today as well (usually out here ~1x/mo). I do not like being traffic

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Soccer for Hannah tonight. Working.

Wifey and I had a pretty extensive talk about karting.
The KA Sr racers started posting videos as fingers were being pointed and it was pretty clear that the first bad crash & flip in the heat was caused by the older guys who showed up to race the track. That pushed a normally sound group of 20-ish 15-23 y/o's who always race each other into 30 with 10 new racers who haven't been on track in years. They should have been in a separate class KA Masters because there were enough of them. The video of the flip hitting the corner worker, more info coming out that he was clearly poorly placed, was facing the wrong direction, and is okay with just* a couple of broken ribs helped. And knowing that the driver was fine; they only took him because he wasn't ejected - because he hit the corner worker - started to solidify how absolutely fucking bizarre and abnormal that was.

We talked about risk and how I've been doing everything to put her into mitigated risk situations including changing her class, already planning on moving out of this league next year, moving to a class that will keep her at the same speed but a full-sized chassis (even though it means a new motor), and then racing a Natl series that only has four races with a class that hasn't been larger than 25 in a couple of years. Plus that even if she does eventually end up in KA Sr, she will have 4-5yrs of outdoor racing, plus 2yrs of indoor, plus 2-3yrs at the national level, let alone that she is within .3sec of a multi time Natl podium placer, makes it pretty clear that she will be more than ready with tons of experience to race at that level. *IF* she is still racing at that point.

She had a long conversation with Haley, largely about safety. I don't know much about the substance of it. But it sounds like Haley just reiterated what I've already said. She doesn't take unnecessary risks, which is why we (me and coaches) are spending time on passing now.

She's still not comfortable with it, but it sounds like karting is happening. Now to figure out the kart and motor for next year. And get her more involved with Greg, Kyle, Cesar, etc. so that she understands how much support and focus on her and safety is really there.
:popcorn:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Dude what kind of barbarian do you think I am?
Charmin Ultra soft and a few baby wipes are kept in my truck for “emergencies”.
no portable bidet a la the through hiking life?! (I do not have one. perhaps I should. I do cart a quarter roll of Charmin in a plastic baggie within my pack when biking, though. haven't needed it in many years, but ya never know.)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Why the fuck am I the first one to a meeting I don't even want to attend? I shouldn't be in this meeting in the first place, but whiny bitch wants me here and he screams the loudest.