Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Doc visit yesterday. MRI says L4/5 herniated bulging stuff is pushing on the nerve. I got a PT referral and we have a course of action planned for the next spasm. Essentially it’ll be steroids either by pill or injection, conceivably both if the pills alone don’t work. Not a magical update, but comforting to have a plan of sorts.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Doc visit yesterday. MRI says L4/5 herniated bulging stuff is pushing on the nerve. I got a PT referral and we have a course of action planned for the next spasm. Essentially it’ll be steroids either by pill or injection, conceivably both if the pills alone don’t work. Not a magical update, but comforting to have a plan of sorts.
sounds familiar.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I just gave blood at the hospital, while on the clock, as an employee of the hospital that saved my life.

That's kind of neat.
the relations with animals are no longer disqualifying?

tmyk

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Drove back to DK today. Stopped by https://alutech-cycles.com/Home to pick up OE brakes and cassette that they sell for cheap as they were on my way.
What a cool company! Owner is a total bike nerd and handed me the parts himself, showed me around, including the production area where he welds all full suspension frames himself. Sadly, because of the bike industry downturn, he downsized and is back to a 2 person company with his wife and occasional hired help. He took the time to chat about old times and showed me around some of the old frames he had hanging on the walls. Good to know that there is a craftsman option if I ever go up in wheel size. Too bad I could not talk him into a custom, modern geo 26-er. Saw their new Pelmo trail bike in the flesh, that looks sick!

For you German-speaking folks, there was a cool "factory" visit by a Youtuber:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Cuban sandwiches again tonite. I don't care what kind of lame pussy sandwiches your state has, the Cuban is the best. And don't come at me with ham and pork only. I want Cuban pork, ham, capicola, salami and swiss cheese. I have made these for guests and they are like "This is really good." You goddam right it's good. Philly steak is a close second but not when they put cheeze whiz on it. This is the only disagreement I've had with my father in law. He takes me to this place and they have an orange dayglo vat of molten cheese sim. He's like "That's the Whiz." Fuckin Philadelphia, man.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cuban sandwiches again tonite. I don't care what kind of lame pussy sandwiches your state has, the Cuban is the best. And don't come at me with ham and pork only. I want Cuban pork, ham, capicola, salami and swiss cheese. I have made these for guests and they are like "This is really good." You goddam right it's good. Philly steak is a close second but not when they put cheeze whiz on it. This is the only disagreement I've had with my father in law. He takes me to this place and they have an orange dayglo vat of molten cheese sim. He's like "That's the Whiz." Fuckin Philadelphia, man.
Refer to it as "cheese jizz" and watch him have an aneurysm

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bánh mì, now GTFO.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bánh mì, now GTFO.
10+ years ago there used to be a little hole in the wall place near Union Sq in Manhattan called Num Pang that made steak bánh mì that I think I could have lived on.

Then they moved locations to somewhere nearby slightly bigger, then opened a bunch of shops, then COVID killed them :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got a call from a PhD student who was trying to run an "experiment" that I help build. Based on his description I had to ask if it was plugged in. He said of course it was. I had him run a bunch of diagnostics that pointed to it not being plugged in. He said it was definitely plugged in. I had him go through a bunch of additional troubleshooting steps to see what could be wrong when he said "it suddenly started working for no reason". Which was just code for "Whoops, I didn't have it plugged in".

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
let me know how you like the new light
Been running this light for years. Cheap, bright enough. Battery lasts for a long time. I usually have a charged light in the pack in case the one I'm using dies. I've been able to use the same light for like 2.5 rides between charges.

Theres a group ride tonight on the Greenway - 28 miles of moon light paved pathway. It should be interesting considering theres about 150-200 people living in the bushes scattered along the length of the trail. The whole situation is a mess and unfortunately I'm still stuck in the middle of it for a few more months.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had one of tye most delicious Cuban sandwiches at a place in Pisgah. I could have eaten two of them.

Also had one of these recently, from an Argentinian shop. Had to take a nap after, but it was worth it.
1726622622902.png