Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damnit, just put a contact in after eating bacon and eggs on an open face sandwich with Tabasco all over it. Washed my hands, but apparently not enough. Still getting used to this contact thing.
Nothing like pepper spraying yourself.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Bit of a trek from you, but when you start needing easy dirt single track then Bear Creek Lake Park near Morrison has plenty of beginner friendly stuff with no massive climbs or extended rocks to deal with.
Thanks!
Adi (10) wants to ride trails & has a decent enough bike to handle easy single track. May take her to the valmont bike park some this summer.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
medium might be too big if it's a men's or general medium. for a "WSD", a medium might work. She needs about a 15.
Yeah prolly too big, sorry missed that detail.
Its almost too big for me (30" inseam) so thats why it never stuck.
Nice frame though. I can't find anyone that wants it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yea, i've been on carbon wheels for a while (including a set of Enve's), WR1 are definitely top of my list for "next carbon wheels" (at least currently based on what's on the market). i'm *seriously* tempted.
Sounds like the lizards got to you. *I don't need new rims, but look at those shiny new ones...*

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like the lizards got to you. *I don't need new rims, but look at those shiny new ones...*
i'd been considering them for a new build anyways. if i can save $300 that's sweet. [edit: its also a wheel size i don't currently have, so ive got to buy something *regardless*]

also note, i've been on carbon wheels since like 2010 or '11. not for all bikes, but i started with XC. i *still* haven't had to true them.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
i'd been considering them for a new build anyways. if i can save $300 that's sweet. [edit: its also a wheel size i don't currently have, so ive got to buy something *regardless*]

also note, i've been on carbon wheels since like 2010 or '11. not for all bikes, but i started with XC. i *still* haven't had to true them.
what diameter/spacing do you need exactly?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Ooooooh, I'm doubling down on this one!
Sounds like the lizards got to you. *I don't need new rims, but the lizards changed the wheel sizes, so now I have no choice...*
:butcher:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wagon wheels.
quoting for posterity
i'm sneaking in while everyone is still distracted by hating on e-bikes.
The lizards sure are doing a number on our heads. I regularly catch myself daydreaming about wagon wheels too.

FFS, I had to buy a whole new bike just a year and a half ago because I couldn't upgrade just my frame because I was on an "obsolete" wheel size. I went to 650b because there weren't really any wagon wheelers I was interested in at the time. Now, there's a whole slew of wagon wheelers I'd be happy to ride, but once again, in order to do that, I'd have to sell my bike with an "obsolete" wheel size. effem I say, I'm happy with what I have now. I just need to check my head on the regular and remind myself of it.

sheesh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so the cop who arrested a friend of mine gave her a black eye and dumped her on her face atleast three times....110 lb female must have been scary to him...

Kiwintas

Chimp
Oct 22, 2018
anyone out there in monkey land considering a set of We Are One wheels/rims?
The rims and the company sound rather cool. Downtime podcasts have done 2 episodes with the owner Dustin Adams. The company seems very unlizard like with its approach to how it is doing things. Dustin was involved with some Asia carbon rim makers before he started we are one and decided that they could do it better.
If you are into podcasts they are worth having a listen to as they go into the difference between there rims and other manufacturers rims.
Also If I was to go carbon hoops they would be at the top of my list

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The rims and the company sound rather cool. Downtime podcasts have done 2 episodes with the owner Dustin Adams. The company seems very unlizard like with its approach to how it is doing things. Dustin was involved with some Asia carbon rim makers before he started we are one and decided that they could do it better.
If you are into podcasts they are worth having a listen to as they go into the difference between there rims and other manufacturers rims.
Also If I was to go carbon hoops they would be at the top of my list
Already heard the podcasts. They were on my radar prior to that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The lizards sure are doing a number on our heads. I regularly catch myself daydreaming about wagon wheels too.

FFS, I had to buy a whole new bike just a year and a half ago because I couldn't upgrade just my frame because I was on an "obsolete" wheel size. I went to 650b because there weren't really any wagon wheelers I was interested in at the time. Now, there's a whole slew of wagon wheelers I'd be happy to ride, but once again, in order to do that, I'd have to sell my bike with an "obsolete" wheel size. effem I say, I'm happy with what I have now. I just need to check my head on the regular and remind myself of it.

sheesh.
It's less "oh hey I want a 29er" but more just wanting something more modern, and taking a really realistic evaluation of where and how I primarily ride.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's less "oh hey I want a 29er" but more just wanting something more modern, and taking a really realistic evaluation of where and how I primarily ride.
So you’re getting a gravel grinder, eh?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
i have never had to take 6 breathalyzer tests in one stop so they could cherry pick a fail....just saying.
Breathalyzers or roadside physical tests?
The first you need to do to avoid license suspension, the latter you can and should decline as they are a trap.