Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hyper-difficult day ahead. Major release on Friday and things are still le-broken. Even the smallest delay is not an option because leadership. Doing a rehearsal for a major company event to announce this fantastic thing alongside the CEO tomorrow. I wonder if I still have a job two weeks from now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Acquiring kare and shoku pan now. Then dropping minivan at dealership for the second day in row (parking sensor bad) and bike-train-train-bike hoofing it home before repeating that journey in reverse later today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Took my car to the tire place this morning to swap the winter tires for a new set of regular tires. They ordered me the wrong size. Oops. So now I've got to go back again this afternoon. I don't mind...it's a good excuse to leave work early.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le poop.

Hoping today is less chaotic than yesterday. There was a huge power outage that took down the two buildings I look after.

Whatever happens though, tonight is a farewell get together for 3 co-workers. Going to a wing place, so it shall be great.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got to drive the M in this morning. Maps told me I'd be at work at 7:26; I got there at 7:19. God I love commuting in that car.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today I will be ordering new bikes for the both of them:
for the 8 year old:

for the 6 year old:
a day late, (but I don't think) a dollar short....:
upload_2019-3-26_9-41-22.png

Also, PSA, the Commençal webstore (in Canada) has 26" Boxxers for $800 CDN... seems like a good deal for those on strong wheel size...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey, SS, the LA Times did an article on you! linky
Hahaha. A story about pot in Seizure (I mean Leisure) World. That town is a gated, seniors community that used to be called Leisure World. I grew up right next to it. There were lots of tire track on sidewalks around there...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Hahaha. A story about pot in Seizure (I mean Leisure) World. That town is a gated, seniors community that used to be called Leisure World. I grew up right next to it. There were lots of tire track on sidewalks around there...
My grandparents lived at the one in Seal Beach, CA for years. "Curbs/Sidewalks" were either sloped/rounded or level with the street. It was so frustrating having to drive through there. Always getting stuck behind golf carts doing 1.35 mph.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ha. I literally just spoke to them yesterday about rims. Two friends rides them, they're $$ but very, very nice and strong.
yea, i've been on carbon wheels for a while (including a set of Enve's), WR1 are definitely top of my list for "next carbon wheels" (at least currently based on what's on the market). i'm *seriously* tempted.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Went for snacks last night and saw "Cajun Tropical Trail Mix" in bulk so of course I had to. Kinda on the fence with it. Good mix of stuff with cajun seasoning. It was $4.65 a pound.

I really don't want to be here, but bills don't pay themselves.

Wife out if town this weekend, will be taking the pooch out and I might even get photo proof. :rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
back in the office. contract renewed. got the thumbs up to work remotely even more. :dance:
taught Lola to ride her bike this weekend. she only has a tricycle at her Dad's, so it was pretty much all on us...well pretty much everything is.
She did great. No training wheels. It literally took her an hour to get to pedaling laps around the tennis court. totally a natural. Just need to get her to connect the braking = speed modulation & not just stopping.
One problem though is, we live in the hills & only one road is paved & our road and the others are super steep & sketchy.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Morning Monkeys.

Went for snacks last night and saw "Cajun Tropical Trail Mix" in bulk so of course I had to. Kinda on the fence with it. Good mix of stuff with cajun seasoning. It was $4.65 a pound.

I really don't want to be here, but bills don't pay themselves.

Wife out if town this weekend, will be taking the pooch out and I might even get photo proof. :rofl:
save me the sesame stix

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yea, i've been on carbon wheels for a while (including a set of Enve's), WR1 are definitely top of my list for "next carbon wheels" (at least currently based on what's on the market). i'm *seriously* tempted.
Lifetime, no questions asked, no crash replacement fee warranty too. Boom.
I've fondled the Insider wheels on my friend's bike. They appear top notch.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
anybody have a commuter/leftover small size disc compatible frameset? I want to build my wife a bike, but I'd rather sell her current frame as a complete bike then use all of the parts I have leftover to build up a new one.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
@HAB went from enve's to WR1's and definitely prefers them.
Yeah I had a couple pairs of Enve AMs, and then went to whatever the WR1 enduro rim is called. They're way less harsh, while keeping most of the lateral stiffness and snap out of corners that make good carbon wheels awesome. Quality looks fantastic and I haven't had any issues yet after most of one season on them (I did eventually explode 2 of the 4 Enve AMs that I had, but it took 4 or 5 years)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Dropping the dogs off for the night then the wife and I have 24 hours alone in Zion. Gonna make the most of it fighting crowds for the few trails that are open.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
anybody have a commuter/leftover small size disc compatible frameset? I want to build my wife a bike, but I'd rather sell her current frame as a complete bike then use all of the parts I have leftover to build up a new one.
I have a cx frame that fits the bill. got it on close out super cheap. now its built up as a franken-townie. was gonna donate the frame actually.
size M, 700cm wheels has disc tabs too.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have a cx frame that fits the bill. got it on close out super cheap. now its built up as a franken-townie. was gonna donate the frame actually.
size M, 700cm wheels has disc tabs too.
medium might be too big if it's a men's or general medium. for a "WSD", a medium might work. She needs about a 15.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
back in the office. contract renewed. got the thumbs up to work remotely even more. :dance:
taught Lola to ride her bike this weekend. she only has a tricycle at her Dad's, so it was pretty much all on us...well pretty much everything is.
She did great. No training wheels. It literally took her an hour to get to pedaling laps around the tennis court. totally a natural. Just need to get her to connect the braking = speed modulation & not just stopping.
One problem though is, we live in the hills & only one road is paved & our road and the others are super steep & sketchy.
Bit of a trek from you, but when you start needing easy dirt single track then Bear Creek Lake Park near Morrison has plenty of beginner friendly stuff with no massive climbs or extended rocks to deal with.