Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Holy smokes, good day to be the gate monkey. CHANGE ALL THE ENGINES! :panic:

In somewhat related news, a new maintenance base is being opened in San Luis Obispo. Tempting........Very Tempting.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well G'mornin!

Moving truck unpacked; got it done just before the rain. Once we finish the last leg of our trip in September, I will once again be living in MA.

Bring on fall!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Holy smokes, good day to be the gate monkey. CHANGE ALL THE ENGINES! :panic:

In somewhat related news, a new maintenance base is being opened in San Luis Obispo. Tempting........Very Tempting.
You'd need a big raise for that.

About to leave for Springs. Get to spend the day with the Sherrif's Dept. YEAH!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Temped with calling it in again today, but figured I can only ignore my email for so long. Might as well come into the office and do something? Have a student starting midway through August, which should help take some of these boring day to day "have you rebooted your computer yet" type problems away from my (and coworkers task list).

For now, I shall peruse through my email, maybe delete some, drink some coffee and take poo #2.

Went to bed at what I'd guess was 9pm last night. Felt fabulous.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
b0rk
went to bed at 930, woke up at 230, fell asleep again at 530, up at 715
:mad:
I had a similar night. Snoozed off and on from 7:30-9:30. Then in bed for real at 11, slept until my 6:20 alarm (as I had to be here at 7, working a shifted 7-4 day).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

In early doing a couple long days so I can ditch Friday. Lil Man is coming with us Thursday and will get picked up Friday nightish. I think it will be good for us all so long as Hank isn't a shit with the barking.

Splint comes off in 2 weeks and I should be able to ride in a month. Holy hell, this sucks.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know when you need to motivate before doing something you really don't want to? Rocking out in the car motivating for a day of CoSprings starting in 15min. Wish me luck. At least I get to hang out with Shane this evening.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
You know when you need to motivate before doing something you really don't want to? Rocking out in the car motivating for a day of CoSprings starting in 15min. Wish me luck. At least I get to hang out with Shane this evening.
You should report back on how many AOC jokes were cracked, and whether you were invited to join their secret racist FB page...

/half-sarcasm. Quarter?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should report back on how many AOC jokes were cracked, and whether you were invited to join their secret racist FB page...

/half-sarcasm. Quarter?
one of the guy's in my department that's based out of a different state, told me a story how once, at a prior job (back in the 90's), he was working a stint at a manufacturing site down in Georgia. over his duration there he made friends with a few of the guys, and they invited him to a "bbq". he said the directions to it were SUPER vague, but at the time didn't think much of it because it was a fairly rural part of the state. turned out the "bbq" was a Klan rally.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

/half-sarcasm. Quarter?
I have had one meeting and one "well Social Security will be gone" comment. Well good sir, you will never retire then because you didn't plan for the fact that you will have a negligible amount of income at that point in time. Good job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have had one meeting and one "well Social Security will be gone" comment. Well good sir, you will never retire then because you didn't plan for the fact that you will have a negligible amount of income at that point in time. Good job.
i'm not counting on social security either. but i've got a CFP.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i'm not counting on social security either. but i've got a CFP.
I don't bank on it, but I'm planning and saving else wise. This is somebody who did no other form of saving and is making commentary about how there will be nothing there. It's like, do 1 and 1 not equal 2 for you?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
if/when the Government du Jour call out the end of SS benefits (which surely will happen in my lifetime) us folks who have paid into it for decades and reap zero benefit will all torchy and pitchforky.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
if/when the Government du Jour call out the end of SS benefits (which surely will happen in my lifetime) us folks who have paid into it for decades and reap zero benefit will all torchy and pitchforky.
They won't do that. They'll raise the retirement age, raise the FICA cap, and maybe cut back payouts 10 or 20%. It'll be a gentle thing. Learn to love the taste of dog food over time.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

The intermediate projections of the 2009 Trustees Report indicate that if we wait to take action until the combined OASDI trust fund becomes exhausted in 2037, benefit reductions of around 25 percent or payroll tax increases of around one-third (a 4 percent increase in addition to the current 12.4 percent rate) will be required. Past legislative changes for Social Security suggest that the next reform is likely to include a combination of benefit reductions and payroll tax increases.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wealthiest country in the history of the world:

"What about a safety net for the elderly?": "Nope, can't afford it"
"What about universal health care?": "Nope, can't afford it"
"What about covered college/vocational training?": "Nope, can't afford it"
"What about civilized and comprehensive public transportation?" "Nope, can't afford it"

:disgust1:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Give or take 165mm people are actively paying into SS. That's a lot of really pissed off people who have been paying 6.5% of every paycheck.