***Le Tuesderp***

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wealthiest country in the history of the world:

"What about a safety net for the elderly?": "Nope, can't afford it"
"What about universal health care?": "Nope, can't afford it"
"What about covered college/vocational training?": "Nope, can't afford it"
"What about civilized and comprehensive public transportation?" "Nope, can't afford it"

:disgust1:
But how about wasting a fuckton of money on military programs? Hell yeah, 'murica.

If you want to be depressed go on one of the gov auction sites and see the mileages on some of the military trucks they're selling. Some have only hundreds of miles on the odo.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Or, they can increase the limit to uncapped from $118,500 currently.
It's $132,900 currently. But yes: see post #30 by yours truly re FICA cap.

:D

The argument against that is that SS is a system where people pay in and benefits are proportional* to earnings over 30 years. This would make that even more asymmetric.

* the caveat is that due to the "bend points" in their formula, it pays out more for low earners as it is.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/social-securitys-bend-points-what-are-they.aspx

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
CoSprings doesn't believe in public parking. All of their public parking has been taken over by public employees and street parking is short-term. There was a parking wench actively ticketing everyone they could. WTH?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
CoSprings doesn't believe in public parking. All of their public parking has been taken over by public employees and street parking is short-term. There was a parking wench actively ticketing everyone they could. WTH?
When I was down at their courthouse on Tejon St the garage was super cheap, at least. Like $2.25 for a few hours cheap.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When I was down at their courthouse on Tejon St the garage was super cheap, at least. Like $2.25 for a few hours cheap.
That's what I end up finding, but it took me 15 f****** minutes

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
And it's getting worse! Population explosion has way outpaced infrastructure improvement, and the hours for pay parking are increasing by 4 hours and an extra day, soon. You can ride the bus, if you can find one. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you know, you're pretty cranky for someone getting a new bike. :disgust:
I've been up since really fucking early and the PD, which I had meetings from 11am-4:30pm fucked up their calendar and didn't schedule any appts. Very poor usage of my time.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So I'm back at the ER for the second day of my vacation. My son was called back. I guess a radiologist saw something the ER Doctor last night didn't. The said he'd need a splint for at least a week, and then x-rays to see if there's evidence of healing. : Monkey:

Plus, I have a (mild) summer cold, so my patience is wearing thin.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
So I'm back at the ER for the second day of my vacation. My son was called back. I guess a radiologist saw something the ER Doctor last night didn't. The said he'd need a splint for at least a week, and then x-rays to see if there's evidence of healing. : Monkey:

Plus, I have a (mild) summer cold, so my patience is wearing thin.
Post up those x-rays or send 'em to me, eh