Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Damn a couple of days ago it was 65 in the morning and 100 in the afternoon. It's 40 outside and it might hit 70. I screwed up and left the windows open so now it's 52 in the house. Just turned on the heater. Need coffee now dammit

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

MIL uttered the words that all of us in similar positions should fear, "I'm collecting this stuff cause I want to open up a consignment shop when I retire."

*facepalm*

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rotors and pads changed on the front of the Subaru yesterday afternoon, car still seems to stop, so I think that's a win. Cabin air filter was the easiest piece of maintenance I've ever done on anything. Engine air filter was just slightly more tricky getting the air box back aligned to close up. Can't believe how much the dealership charge for those filter changes.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. The baby had a rough night (all stuffy + gassy? who knows with little creatures that cannot speak) so we did as well. Thus I drove in, which is likely for the better as all of a sudden it's pitch black in the morning and all wet. What is this moisture from the sky business?!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
translation: "i want to lose money while drowning in shit at the same time"
Right? Like the other day she bought a bag of watches, maybe 30 or so, for $3, cause they were like no money. Who needs that many watches, even if they are all in perfect working condition (they are not)?!?

Should hand her a 1-800-GOT-JUNK pamphlet and tell her they have mobile consignment shops.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Right? Like the other day she bought a bag of watches, maybe 30 or so, for $3, cause they were like no money. Who needs that many watches, even if they are all in perfect working condition (they are not)?!?
1569936505103.png

Should hand her a 1-800-GOT-JUNK pamphlet and tell her they have mobile consignment shops.
yes, but you have to put it in a folder labeled "business plan"

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

How long are you planning on living there, again?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
also where the fuck do you buy a bag of watches? was it from the back of someones car?
Theres a place down the street, located in an old mill building, that does estate clean-outs. So basically all of the shit thats worth nothing that none of the heirs want, they sell.

Basically it's just a bunch of old people clamoring over adding random serving ware to their "collection".

How long are you planning on living there, again?
The planned stay grows shorter every day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Theres a place down the street, located in an old mill building, that does estate clean-outs. So basically all of the shit thats worth nothing that none of the heirs want, they sell.
so can we take bets as to how long its gonna take for them to get that same bag of watches back?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
why aren't we cashing in on this?
I wonder if Stoney will give us his MIL's contact info. One of us can push the stuff, the other one can lease her storage units. Let her know she should get in on the ground level now, and we can only give her the best deals if she gets 3 friends involved.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
This guy may be looking into a sober October as well:

1569942258119.png

Man burned after falling into hot water at Old Faithful

On Monday, rangers investigated the thermal area where the man was walking. They found the man’s shoe, hat and a beer can near the geyser. They also saw footprints going to and from the geyser and blood on the boardwalk, the release said.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This guy may be looking into a sober October as well:

View attachment 137487

Man burned after falling into hot water at Old Faithful

On Monday, rangers investigated the thermal area where the man was walking. They found the man’s shoe, hat and a beer can near the geyser. They also saw footprints going to and from the geyser and blood on the boardwalk, the release said.
Reminds me of a story from
1C88F3E6-7740-4046-BFF9-91E6A14C43EE.jpeg

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well hiddy-fucking-ho neighbors.
we have the girls this week. Adi will not stop fucking with the upstairs thermostat so we are gonna disconnect it until it actually gets cold then maybe lock it up. Lola is in a stage where she takes shit from out room & takes it up to her bedroom & she is also writing her name on fucking everything so we took her markers, so she took some sharpies from our bedroom.
Both of the little shits lie about fucking everything which makes it even more frustrating.
Not sure what Ive gotten myself into. cant wait for next monday lol

-SS- Lola actually enjoys push-ups. she always has to do as many she can. if I tell her to do 25, she has to do at least 10 more.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rotors and pads changed on the front of the Subaru yesterday afternoon, car still seems to stop, so I think that's a win. Cabin air filter was the easiest piece of maintenance I've ever done on anything. Engine air filter was just slightly more tricky getting the air box back aligned to close up. Can't believe how much the dealership charge for those filter changes.
subaruparts.com You're welcome.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Presenting in front of 50-100 people on Thursday and my voice is getting worse. this is going to be fucking GREAT!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
subaruparts.com You're welcome.
A couple of the 17mm bolts needed persuading with a cheater bar and front right rotor didn't want to come off without me beating on it with the rubber mallet for a while. From the instructions I'd found it needed to be an 8mm with 1mm thread bolts to push the rotors off, but the ones I'd bought didn't want to thread in far enough to push the rotor off the hub. I'm wondering should they have been 1.5mm thread...

Goes off to search...

edit: Lots of references to M8x1 but also some correcting it to M8x1.25 which from my attempts yesterday sounds more appropriate.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
well hiddy-fucking-ho neighbors.
we have the girls this week. Adi will not stop fucking with the upstairs thermostat so we are gonna disconnect it until it actually gets cold then maybe lock it up. Lola is in a stage where she takes shit from out room & takes it up to her bedroom & she is also writing her name on fucking everything so we took her markers, so she took some sharpies from our bedroom.
Both of the little shits lie about fucking everything which makes it even more frustrating.
Not sure what Ive gotten myself into. cant wait for next monday lol
Don't worry, man - this will all get better when they are tweens and teens. :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
2 mph bike crash on asphalt.
Coming out of an alley, I slowed to check for traffic, but hit a pot hole too slow to roll it, yet fast enough to go OTB.
My nerves took a coffee break on impact. I couldn’t move, so I just camped out on the street until the function came back. No blood. No head impact. Ribs took the hit but they don’t feel more than bruised. Ugh.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Coming out of an alley, I slowed to check for traffic, but hit a pot hole too slow to roll it, yet fast enough to go OTB.
My nerves took a coffee break on impact. I couldn’t move, so I just camped out on the street until the function came back. No blood. No head impact. Ribs took the hit but they don’t feel more than bruised. Ugh.
Boo. Heal up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Dislike

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You should treat yourself to something really nice, like a new chair. A comfy, safe, low speed chair. Ahh, relaxing just thinking about it.