Quantcast

***le tuesderp***

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Thinking about maybe a few lunch G&T's. Just because. :fancy:

Well, I'm wearing *snow*pants. 'Cause the youngest kid had driver's ed this morning (!) and I figured the oil change place should be pretty quiet, so good day for that and a tire rotation.

The funny thing was the old fucker just kept coming over, despite the fucking light on the mirror and me leaning on the horn. It's like he couldn't see the indicator OR hear the fucking horn.

GET OFF THE ROAD, GRAMPS!!

:D
Had his Barry Manilow up too loud.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’m thinking of venturing out to the Japanese bakery in the Land Cruiser. I’m still in my fast but can stock up for the wife, kids, and both parents and my sister’s family (in Highlands Ranch, to whence we will be traveling for Thanksgiving dinner).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I’m thinking of venturing out to the Japanese bakery in the Land Cruiser. I’m still in my fast but can stock up for the wife, kids, and both parents and my sister’s family (in Highlands Ranch, to whence we will be traveling for Thanksgiving dinner).
Land Cruiser with snow tires? Go forth, young man, and have fun. Don't let the Boomers crash into you, though. Also - you sure the bakery will even be open? :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Picked up maybe another inch or two since this morning. Probably ~16” total on the patio. Who’s up for shuttle ski laps on Apex?

B167B746-2D22-456E-8A47-E2DEA11A03A9.jpeg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It sure is - it's GOING to get tracked the fuck out. :disgust1: :D

Pulled the neighbor's AWD Jeep Shitbox at the end of the street out of the GUTTER. Bald as shit all seasons, of course. :disgust:

Oh - and no tow hooks on the Shitbox. WTF, Jeep?
Don't pull him out by any part connected to the AC system. Ask me how my friend knows. :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
On the "holy crap" front, I got an e-mail from a recruiter about a director job that I look fully qualified for that is nearly 2x my current salary. But, I have no interest in moving to Silicon Valley. It's good to know jobs like that are out there though.
Ruth just got one of those. 100k pay raise but they want her to work in the office, Livingston in the central valley pop 12,000 rednecks

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You pulled it out with your minivan?
If I'd had enough time to put the chains on... this is what I would have done. As it was, I had trouble finding my tow chain, so I had to go up and pull it out with the pickup. Opportunity lost.

Have I ever told you about the time I pulled out an Expedition that had gotten stuck in some deep snow just off the road up in Winter Park with the minivan? Too bad I didn't have a camera-phone with me on that one. :D

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Land Cruiser with snow tires? Go forth, young man, and have fun. Don't let the Boomers crash into you, though. Also - you sure the bakery will even be open? :D
I was motivated to venture out by them posting on Bookface that they were open. So I took the elder kids down there, dropped off some Japanese breads for the parents and sister’s family in Highlands Ranch, and then trekked back north.

Super variable road conditions, from plowed clear to 12” untracked.
it stopped snowing at least an hour ago and half the town is shut down. WTF people, this is Colorado for cripes sake.
Some neighborhood roads are pretty bad...
You pulled it out with your minivan?
F-150, I’d guess.

Fun in the snow. This wasn’t even where it was bad.

7ACE4FFE-6443-48D3-B007-25D404C8BA19.jpeg

8272582A-FC80-4C08-B37D-54CF283BA512.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I want to say that I miss snow bashing around Denver, but then I remember watching the dipshits ping pong off of each other and abandon their cars in the middle of the road and no longer miss it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You know you moved to Boston, right? :D
If you think Boston is bad, Denver is a straight up carmageddon. There were days I would see a half dozen cars abandoned in the middle of the road because of an incline. I've seen two dozen cars off the road in ditches. Some days it was just carnage on the roadways.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Speaking of idiots in the snow, at the end of my journey I came across an 18 wheeler mail truck (common around me—mail distribution center nearby). It was noteworthy because it was crabbing with the trailer maybe 15 degrees to the right of the cab… because the trailer axles were locked up solid, sliding along on the packed snow/ice. Some switch for the air brakes, I’m guessing? I finally got his attention and he fixed it then. Boggles the mind.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
All you guys with snow. It's like 70 here. I think we might actually get a bit of rain this week, but we'll see. Got a good ride planned on Friday with some buddies if the weather cooperates.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went to my friend Sarahs house and fixed her washing machine. It was not repairable. So I bought her a new one. It seemed like the the thing to do. Scrap guy bought it off me for parts for $50. That never happens. I was just hoping to get rid of it. Backed the truck into a postal vehicle. Postal worker was like no problem. Just take off. We did. Sarahs a fun girl I like her. She doesn't expect me to cook for her. Last fall I drove her truck off the road and Dukes of Hazard jumped it over a driveway. I don't what it is about her truck. Ford F-150.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
All packed for skiing tomorrow. First time up with the whole family, the almost-11 month baby included.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
@jdcamb
So what was up with the washing machine? I usually only scrap them if its the tranny. Or if im being a lazy fuck and know that the college kids will just keep bitching about it until they get a new one

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
I did finally find one they ran after all bands were broken (top load, bands not spring) completely tore the drum to shreds. Actually was impressive. But i dont know how the sound alone didnt make them stop it and put in a work order.