Quantcast

***Le tuesderp***

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Rained all day yesterday which surprisingly was not related to Isaias. Would like to ride my bike but odds are it’s gonna be too wet. Man it’s been a wet summer.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its been, and still is, raining since yesterday here as well.

But hey, at least the dog nor the cat barfed last night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Mind-numbing day of work ahead. Just 250 queries to run and files to download so someone else can do the actual work. I could complain, but I wont.

Going to watch some more Alone today. Sounds like a good time.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
The co2 shortage has finally hit us, idling everything outside the brewhouse while we wait for our bulk trucks to show up to deliver a fraction of what we order.

Oh, and rain; lots of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The co2 shortage has finally hit us, idling everything outside the brewhouse while we wait for our bulk trucks to show up to deliver a fraction of what we order.
i've read that this is coming. is this going to be a long term thing, or are you going to look into your own CO2 compressing system?

also i've read there may be a can shortage looming, you heard anything about this?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Mind-numbing day of work ahead. Just 250 queries to run and files to download so someone else can do the actual work. I could complain, but I wont.

Going to watch some more Alone today. Sounds like a good time.
I can't progress today if you don't adhere to protocol and give a precipitation update.

(Minimal shower last evening, nothing since)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dog is in for a rough day. She used to sleep through anything but she has become quite the pussy in her old age. At least I've already pooped her twice today, so she should be good for another eight hours while the storm sweeps through.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

Oh, and rain; lots of it.
WTF is going on? Here Mountain Dew is not available at all "because of Covid" but instead all kinds of alcoholic beverages and of course Pepsi.

image.png

Nearly forgot: no precipitation here in Denmark.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
i've read that this is coming. is this going to be a long term thing, or are you going to look into your own CO2 compressing system?

also i've read there may be a can shortage looming, you heard anything about this?
With so many people out of work, ethanol production is down, and with it, co2. No idea how long it will last. Our big tanks are piped to capture co2, but cleaning and containing it requires some pretty spendy equipment which we don't have. Maybe this will get it added to the cap-ex wishlist.

Cans have been tough for a while. Lead times on printed cans doubled. We're set up with a way to apply labels to blank cans when needed.

Still raining

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Baby did not care to sleep in the new to her environment so I slept fitfully on the floor next to her cage^H Lotus Guava Travel Bed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
With so many people out of work, ethanol production is down, and with it, co2. No idea how long it will last. Our big tanks are piped to capture co2, but cleaning and containing it requires some pretty spendy equipment which we don't have. Maybe this will get it added to the cap-ex wishlist.

Cans have been tough for a while. Lead times on printed cans doubled. We're set up with a way to apply labels to blank cans when needed.

Still raining
i figured it wouldn't be cost effective to capture/compress C02 at a small scale, but get some other breweries to go in on it.

you should get some sharpies and do custom can graphics on demand lol

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
No rain -yet. I gotta mow my frikken lawn. Just got back from riding North Conway for the weekend. Got my big boy trail bike reassembled in time. I don’t know if it was the recent Pinkbike article, but it was over the top busy. My route has me climbing on trail where fewer run ins can happen. The last lap up the mtn was on the auto rd. The number of shuttlers was obnoxious.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No rain -yet. I gotta mow my frikken lawn. Just got back from riding North Conway for the weekend. Got my big boy trail bike reassembled in time. I don’t know if it was the recent Pinkbike article, but it was over the top busy. My route has me climbing on trail where fewer run ins can happen. The last lap up the mtn was on the auto rd. The number of shuttlers was obnoxious.
my first thought when i saw that was "wow those trails look amazing" and my second was "man i sure hope this article doesn't destroy the trail network with assholes like KT"

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
my first thought when i saw that was "wow those trails look amazing" and my second was "man i sure hope this article doesn't destroy the trail network with assholes like KT"
It is a different problem than KT. Kingdom has grown, from sleepy little town. If I was a land owner many years back, and a local plan was put forward to allow some non motorized access - I could see agreeing to that. Fast forward to now - woah! North Conway has already been a tourist zoo. Shuttle bro’s are about running into each other at the top of Hurricane Mtn rd, as they battle hikers for parking.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It is a different problem than KT. Kingdom has grown, from sleepy little town. If I was a land owner many years back, and a local plan was put forward to allow some non motorized access - I could see agreeing to that. Fast forward to now - woah! North Conway has already been a tourist zoo. Shuttle bro’s are about running into each other at the top of Hurricane Mtn rd, as they battle hikers for parking.
thanks for the insight.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No measurable precipitation in over a month.

Follow up with the doctor about my shoulder. Things are progressing nicely, albeit slow for my taste. No concerns about rotator cuff damage so I can now move on to PT. I could probably ride but the risk of reinjury isn't worth it at this point. Plenty of shit to do in the mountains while the weather is good.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Always wondered if there was good riding up that way. Good to know there is.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Requested to make a good-faith estimate for personal effects of my Dad for a final Estate Inventory. The man stuck to a simple life and I'm totally unable to place monetary value. A few 4-in-hand ties w/ his Company's insignia, wristwatch, two cardigans knitted by his mother-in-law and, a necklace w/ pendant honoring my parent's marriage.

Dad would have had a birthday this Month but passed away the end of Sept 2018. Then my Mother suddenly passed barely three months later. Has been quite rough, their first born - my Sister - suffered a tragedy and this family never recovered. Or if we did, I never knew it.

Have to be thankful for the powers that be in that they are not being made to suffer as so many others are right now.

Love you Pop.

20200804_123930.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wife saw a big maple start to uproot in the neighbors yard. we collectively watched it fall as there was nothing we could do otherwise. thankfully the only thing damaged was a few fence panels and a couple misplaced pavers. already checked on my neighbor (she is elderly and her husband passed earlier this spring) to make sure she was ok. will be chainsaw time for free firewood this weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
wife saw a big maple start to uproot in the neighbors yard. we collectively watched it fall as there was nothing we could do otherwise. thankfully the only thing damaged was a few fence panels and a couple misplaced pavers. already checked on my neighbor (she is elderly and her husband passed earlier this spring) to make sure she was ok. will be chainsaw time for free firewood this weekend.
You should get an Alaskan sawmill and turn that into slabs. Would be a shame to see a nice maple turned into firewood.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Pesqueeb ....pertinent to your interests

also i think DIIV has a new record out...

and Hum dropped their first record in 20 years...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
UGH

I'm here. No rain. Grey skies but no precipitation and looks like none forecasted, maybe just a little. Thinking about buying a new triathlon seat for my road bike because I am stupid and it's cheap, plus my nards still hurt after a long ride.

Anybody play with a mi band from xiaomi or whatever? Super cheap long lasting fitbit thing with an HR monitor.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Big maple? That's slab wood, yo! Ask if you can buy the tree from her then have someone come cut it for you to save the wood into useable sheets. That shit is worth thousands. Or tell her and help her finds someone to do it for her (assuming it's old and large).

Edit: I should read down more before I reply.