Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Torque Wrench Tuesday!

Finally bought a torque wrench. Sadly it's set up for in-lb rather than nm, but online conversion is easy. Turns out my ugga-dugga to nm conversion is slightly off, on the low side. Tightened a couple of stems and my seatpost and found that I was under -dugga-ing them.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hopeless meetings are hopeless was confirmed today. Third meeting about the same issues and I received a follow up email with questions I have already answered before.

On the positive side my NOS frame is on its way from Austria and I have gotten through to GT about a possible warranty too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
got my front DH wheel laced up last night without issue. started to tension & true before realizing how late it was.

something just satisfying about building wheels by hand.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

Jab #2 appears to have given me the sniffles, a dead arm, and a bit of fatigue, but I'm okay otherwise. Nothing to complain about at least.

Dislike. It been there a while?
i had worse side effects from my first shot than my second. my wife had it bad after #2.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
#2 has been worse for me, but not by much. Just more shoulder soreness that came on sooner.

I predict wife won't fare as well when she gets #2 next Thursday
my wife got her second shot the day before I did, and her side effects kicked in within 12 hours. i was bracing for the worst.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Dick and Jane! Last night was my first decent night of sleep since we adopted Psycho Dog. On the heels of that, I did 75 minutes on the KICKR this morning. Tough workout made tougher by being first thing in the morning. I got through it though. WORK NOW

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Weird anxiety (?) car-related dream last night Leaving a big covered garage. Two exit lanes open. Everyone in the right one, backed up a long way. I pick the left and follow it. Ends in an outdoor lot still 4 ft below street level. Steep bank with large irregular rocks to exit.

I'm in the minivan. I get out to peer at banks and see if there's a non-scraping way up in it. There isn't. When I step back to the minivan now the lot is flooded. I open the door. Water above seat bottom level. This is distressing.

I hop in, interior now sodden, lifting two stuffed animals for the kids (neglecting third in dream?!) out of a water-laden bag so that at least they stay dry. I drive back into the garage, find the end of the now-shorter line in the right lane, turn around, and prepare to exit.

Then I woke up feeling not completely awake. Hmph. Minivan in my real garage is just fine. Projected anxiety from watching a For All Mankind episode with characters struggling? S02E05 The Weight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Weird anxiety (?) car-related dream last night Leaving a big covered garage. Two exit lanes open. Everyone in the right one, backed up a long way. I pick the left and follow it. Ends in an outdoor lot still 4 ft below street level. Steep bank with large irregular rocks to exit.

I'm in the minivan. I get out to peer at banks and see if there's a non-scraping way up in it. There isn't. When I step back to the minivan now the lot is flooded. I open the door. Water above seat bottom level. This is distressing.

I hop in, interior now sodden, lifting two stuffed animals for the kids (neglecting third in dream?!) out of a water-laden bag so that at least they stay dry. I drive back into the garage, find the end of the now-shorter line in the right lane, turn around, and prepare to exit.

Then I woke up feeling not completely awake. Hmph. Minivan in my real garage is just fine. Projected anxiety from watching a For All Mankind episode with characters struggling? S02E05 The Weight.
maybe you shouldn't obsess over cars so much. i don't, and i've never had any car related dreams.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still screwing down the planks on the dock gangway but not that eager since I have no time restraints to getting it done. Absolutely trashed my body the last two weeks getting the project done so now I am rewarding myself with a massage today. Edible at 0900, 90 min massage at 1000, then followed by a lazy ass day.