Quantcast

Leaked spy shot of Carbon V-10 2010

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
nice photoshop...actually not that nice, cause its easy to spot.

compare it to the background image on the website
tire is exactly the same position. same angle. stickers aligned on the shock the same. the carbon weave is way too straight for the angle.
http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/v10/#gallery.php

and vivid knob is suppose to be blue

not denying a carbon v10 could exist though

EDIT: snooping around the site, there is evidence in the html that carbon v10 is in the future

<div class="NavContainer">

<h1>DOWNHILL</h1>

<ul>

<li><a href="../driver8/" PreviewName="driver8">Driver 8</a></li>
<li><a href="../v10/" PreviewName="v10">V10</a></li>
<!--<li><a href="#" PreviewName="v10_carbon">V10</a> carbon</li>-->

</ul>

</div>​

Last edited:

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
EDIT: snooping around the site, there is evidence in the html that carbon v10 is in the future

<h1>DOWNHILL</h1>
<ul>
</ul>
</div>​
This is gonna be very interesting thread :thumb:. Wonder how SC will disclaim this, but even more I'm looking forward to arguments of anti-carbon lobby :rolleyes:.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If I was SC I wouldn't comment on it a thing. The rumor frenzy that has been started a few months ago will get bigger and bigger and it's a great advertisement for them.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
The carbon V-10 is the worst kept secret since everyone found out Sam Hill and the DW link were going to Norco

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
been kind of obvious since Gracia mentioned a new v10 at Sea Otter

the photo was a pretty lame attempt by someone to create buzz.

if its a real SC photo, they need to fire their graphic artist.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Look at the top of the link, it looks off as far as the angle of the "seat tube" as well.....

nice photoshop...actually not that nice, cause its easy to spot.

compare it to the background image on the website
tire is exactly the same position. same angle. stickers aligned on the shock the same. the carbon weave is way too straight for the angle.
http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/v10/#gallery.php

and vivid knob is suppose to be blue

not denying a carbon v10 could exist though

<h1>DOWNHILL</h1>

<ul>

</ul>

</div>​

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Pretty funny how everybody is screaming a PS job. For over 3 years I have done product photography 40-50 hours a week and mainly bikes and components. That image may be fake or it could be a real image at 700 by whatever pixels I'm not voicing an opinion on it either way.

Carbon V-10 they better have the aluminum version still offered.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pretty funny how everybody is screaming a PS job. For over 3 years I have done product photography 40-50 hours a week and mainly bikes and components. That image may be fake or it could be a real image at 700 by whatever pixels I'm not voicing an opinion on it either way.

100% shopped, and poorly. A simple increase of brightness and contrast reveals the following:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Carpet fiber V10! I was hoping for a completely different bike. Oh well.
When is the carpet fiber demo going to be here?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville

I don't really give a sh!t, I've just been looking for a reason to post that picture. :thumb:

Kinda like how jonkranked uses "Haters be Hatin" every time he gets a chance.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A carbon "stickered" V10 !!!

:rolleyes:

I don't really give a sh!t, I've just been looking for a reason to post that picture. :thumb:

Kinda like how jonkranked uses "Haters be Hatin" every time he gets a chance.
nah man i've only posted that like 2 or 3 times in the last week. Other people have been posting it too.

edit: I should make a combined image of the two with the caption:

'shoppers be 'shoppin

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
The other assumption that is top notch in this photoshop is that the V10 will still look the same. That they would have just taken exactly all the same shapes from the aluminum one, and made it out of graphite.

Keep up the good work!

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Whilst I'm definitely a carbon skeptic, I'm excited to see the carbon V10, simply because if they're going through the hassle of making up the necessary molds etc, it's reasonable to assume that it will be an indicator of whether or not they plan on making any changes to the geometry and/or shock spec of the regular V10. That is assuming they plan on making the two in parallel.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
been kind of obvious since Gracia mentioned a new v10 at Sea Otter

the photo was a pretty lame attempt by someone to create buzz.

if its a real SC photo, they need to fire their graphic artist.
Maybe they did, and a poorly shopped pic is the result of cost-cutting.

This has all the aspects of "small, guerrilla-style marketing photo that's intentionally leaked to drum up excitement for the product", except that it's done in a highly corporate, highly marketed way designed to attract the most attention at the perfect time in the product design cycle. Too bad the 'shopped aspect kinda negates any positive excitement that it might have generated...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
This has all the aspects of "small, guerrilla-style marketing photo that's intentionally leaked to drum up excitement for the product", except that it's done in a highly corporate, highly marketed way designed to attract the most attention at the perfect time in the product design cycle.
thats basically what guerrilla marketing is

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
Maybe they leaked a photoshopped picture for marketing purposes because they don't want to spend the money on the tooling yet, so a real bike doesn't even exist, and are waiting for a reaction from the public to see if it's worth it?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Maybe they leaked a photoshopped picture for marketing purposes because they don't want to spend the money on the tooling yet, so a real bike doesn't even exist, and are waiting for a reaction from the public to see if it's worth it?
it'd be strange if they were not sure about the bikes as even the riders in the interviews hint a change in sc gear mid season.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah, thats exactly what i said :mad:

Rider15

Chimp
Dec 13, 2008
Gracia said them Peaty, Minnaar, Byrceland and himself are picking up the new bike in two weeks so Id say it exists in some form.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Haven't Intense shown a number of their DH bikes to the public by means of photoshop rather than actual photos a few times now? Seem to remember that being the case with the M3 and M6 at least.

Jan 30, 2009
I'd assume if SC was doing these "guerilla" graphics, they'd have access to their own logos instead of obvious screen shots. Even the v10 font is different. Absolute photoshop fail that the guys at sc obviously didn't do. And yah, this thread sux. I can't believe I'm writing this.

nerds.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I'd assume if SC was doing these "guerilla" graphics, they'd have access to their own logos instead of obvious screen shots. Even the v10 font is different. Absolute photoshop fail that the guys at sc obviously didn't do. And yah, this thread sux. I can't believe I'm writing this.

nerds.
maybe instead of trolling, you can go read what i was referring to