you wish... i'm calling my contract assassin

by the way, nice race, nice photos, nice bike : D
can't wait for the new gravity inspired ibis line up

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nice pics. Thanks.

I'm certainly no expert, but doesn't this race usually take place on another, more exposed, rocky, trail that shall remain nameless?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Nice pics. Thanks.

I'm certainly no expert, but doesn't this race usually take place on another, more exposed, rocky, trail that shall remain nameless?
Same trail they have raced the lizard for 20 years, I just prefered to be in the dark, loamy, smooth section. There were too many people on the rocks.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Nice photos! Was Rockwell there by chance? What is Joe Lawwill up to? I always liked watching those guys ride.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Nice photos! Was Rockwell there by chance? What is Joe Lawwill up to? I always liked watching those guys ride.
No rockwell, I do not believe he has ever set foot on the republic of Laguna.
Joe Lawwill does the graphic design for SDG, has a wife and kid, rides his bike, bla bla bla.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Where do you guys start? I was up there yesterday and a local told me the winning time was 1:40. That's really really fast if it's from the very top.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
1:40? Na.. that seems too fast.

Hey, if it is true, they must have been FLYING!!

I hung out for the first round up by the jump after you turn off the fire road during the first run. It was pretty sweet...
Too bad those two Jack-Arses decided to ride down the trail right in front of Lopes.
I was talking to a buddy on the phone at the time and as I saw these two guys ride by I commented on their stupidity. Then WHOOSH, Lopes flys bay and almost runs into them. He musta been pissed!

The wost part is that there was a perfectly good trail right off to the side that we all used to get past that section. Why did these guys feel they had to take the race course down? :confused:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Where do you guys start? I was up there yesterday and a local told me the winning time was 1:40. That's really really fast if it's from the very top.

They started right off the fire road that is just below top of the world (as you head towards Mathis from top-o, bust your first left)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
nice stik laguna is one of my favorite places in the US...

Headed out there to visit some buddies and hoping to ride some trails when i do...

pics look awesome, who's shiny blue ibis is that? :dead:

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Lopes did 1:59 both times down.
Word. A local was chatting with me at the cul de sac and said the record (I assumed that was Sat's winning time) down was 1:40, guess not.
Anyways, a big :clapping: to all who worked their asses off on that trail. It looks amazing right now!