Quantcast

Leather upholstered pivotal saddles

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
True, all those guys comparing it to a brooks saddle were completely clueless. Brooks, as small a company as they are, have been in the saddle making game for years and have plenty of expertise at making saddles for road bikes.

This guy is obviously new to it, had a go, made something a bit different and got slated for it. Harsh

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I think it's pretty damn clean. I'd get one but I'm always falling and that saddle would last a week with me.

martin

Chimp
Mar 22, 2010
southern cali
damn, wtf was going on that page?

the saddle is sweet. gives me a bunch of ideas.

easy tip: you can do this with almost any fabric and liquid nails or something similar (thinly spread of course).

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
It's from a street fashion blog, not a bike site so the commentors are mostly angry hipsters who don't understand you might want something other than a brooks on your bike.

And there is a hefty thread on the pinkbike forum full of kids who've turned their saddles into tatty bandana covered horrors. Bear in mind that most fabric will tear and stain far more than your normal saddle covering.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wouldn't trust him he's from Black, people from Black can't be trusted.

On a different note I am getting a Chromag Trailmaster LTD which is supposed to be a super awesome leather saddle.