Quantcast

Leatt Adventure updates?

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
I am really considering getting the adventure brace, I know a decent amount of people said they were purchasing it, but I havent seen enough ride time on them before.

So now that people have some ride time on them, how do they do?, enough adjustment? Im 6'4", 190 lbs, so pretty lanky. I was thinking I could be alright. I'll be wearing rockgarden armor, its older, I would consider taking off the shoulder cups if I had too. Otherwise, what cheap lightweight armor works well with it, with spine protection.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
I run the adventure and it works well and is comfortable, but the High back perch has been an issue in some cases when I ride down consistent steep terrain and I cannot look far enough down the trail. other that that it does the job for a good price.

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I'm 6'2", lanky and have the Rockgardn armor. Works well. You still have to fiddle around with it a bit. Don't assume at your size that you have to just put everything large. I notice it sometimes on steeper things but it has never actually affected my riding.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I run the adventure and it works well and is comfortable, but the High back perch has been an issue in some cases when I ride down consistent steep terrain and I cannot look far enough down the trail. other that that it does the job for a good price.
Good to know, Mike. I've been waiting to know some real-world reports on the ADVenture. Waiting for the moto shop here to have both that and the EVS in stock so I can test-fit both.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
There is a big difference in adjustability.
A buddy of mine has an Adventure and it took him about 2 weeks to get fully used to the limited sight on steeps.
However I tried on a buddy's GPX Club with the rear shelf lowered all the way and I actually forgot I had it on until the bottom of the trail, on the first run.
I'd rather shell another $100 than be uncomfortable or have to change my riding position.

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
There is a big difference in adjustability.
A buddy of mine has an Adventure and it took him about 2 weeks to get fully used to the limited sight on steeps.
However I tried on a buddy's GPX Club with the rear shelf lowered all the way and I actually forgot I had it on until the bottom of the trail, on the first run.
I'd rather shell another $100 than be uncomfortable or have to change my riding position.
Agreed, getting to used to limited sight means riding slower and re-actively vs. riding and fast and being pro-active. Spend the extra money and make sure the brace doesn't effect your vision.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i bought my adventure about a month ago, just spent a week at whistler and forgot i had the thing in, i had no vision problems...love it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
You can get the GPX off eBay new for the price of the AdVenture retail. Even less if you can fit the small. I paid just under 230$ for mine shipped brand new.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Ive had the adventure for about a month now. I have ridden with it many times and used it at one race weekend. I love the adventure and I have not had any problems with visibility. I also have the evs brace which I had major problems with seeing down the trail