Quantcast

Leatt Body Armor

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm looking into getting a neck brace, and trying to figure out upper body armor that plays well with the brace and came across this:

I've been considering getting the 661 Subgear full sleeve shirt, but want some back protection and possibly a little more chest protection. Does anybody have any experience with the Leatt body armor?

Here's another option they have:

http://www.leatt-brace.com/index.php/choose-your-sport/mountain-biking/

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
SixSixOne Prodigy is relieved for the Leatt. Not body armor per se (hard-shell roost protector) but I though I'd give one a go this year to start and see if I like it. Just wish the back was as long as the spine armor on the suits.

Alpinestars makes a Leatt-compatible hard-shell with built in spine protector. Pretty slick-looking unit.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
^^ I have the Prodigy; just got it a couple weeks ago. I've tried it on with my Leatt and it indeed fits nicely around it. The straps that run through the shoulder cups are adjustable by putting the front/back panel fasteners through other holes in the straps if you find you need it roomier (so far I left mine at the factory default).

Also, If you don't happen to like the shoulder caps (I do), they can be removed, as can the bicep guards (although the biceps don't just unsnap like older Defenders do). I haven't ridden with it yet but it feels secure without being restrictive and does not have the 'loosey-goosey' feel that the Defender did.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
It's designed for wearing outside à la motocross - - you'd look a bit like a linebacker with it under. Lots of one-color real estate for sponsor decals, though, if you're creative.

If you're still interested I could get some shots tonight and post them.