Quantcast

Leatt Brace Help

Aug 3, 2009
Bowlda
For those of you running a Leatt, just how securely does it fit? Leatt says that you should feel a slight pressure on the front and back contact points of the brace, but there are a bunch of settings where I feel various levels of "slight pressure."

I remember reading a thread where someone described jumping around like a monkey and not being able to get the brace to move, and I want that! It seems that one of two things happen when I jump around trying to get the brace to move. When it is adjusted smaller it moves up and settles back into place too high and when it is adjusted larger it seems to have too much wiggle room.

I've researched the brace extensively so I'm plenty familiar with all the available adjustments. Thanks for the help!

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
Yeah I ave to use the straps as well. Occasionally I have it move up a little on the trail. I think that it depends on a riders style and technique. I have changed my body position a little to accompany the brace. I still woul go without as I feel quite secure in it. Just got get used to it. WOW This is my 100th post? Crazy...sorry for the slight highjack.

Aug 3, 2009
Bowlda
Thanks for the tips on the straps guys, they definitely give the brace a more secure feel. After a bunch more fiddling I finally found the right combination. Sweet!

killsdeer4fun

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Clemson, SC
Try using the insert that changes the angle of the back plate. I use that in mine and it keeps pressure on my back and doesnt move. I also keep the straps kinda tight and it doesnt go anywhere.