Quantcast

Leatt Brace with Pressure Suit

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Search, there are a couple of threads on this.

My 2008 Rockgardn flak jacket works great with the Leatt.

With any body armor, you will want to cut a small slit in the back of the jersey for the back of the brace to slip through.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Get one of these bad boys!

TLD just released it! Designed to work with the Leatt brace.

Buy it at RideSFO:
http://www.ridesfo.com/servlet/the-1300/Troy-Lee-Designs-Rincon/Detail

# Stretch mesh fabric is form fitting and gives maximum ventilation
# Injection molded spine protection is LEATT BRACE compatible
# Built-in injection molded shoulder, elbow and forearm guards
# Hard plastic breast plate under the Bio-Foam for chest protection
# Adjustable velcro strap around forearm
# Multiple tension straps for secure fit
# Adjustable built in kidney belt

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Since I wear a PS but haven't yet taken the Leatt plunge, I have to ask this: can't you just wear the Leatt under the PS and avoid the compatability problems? Or am I just missing something here? I know most people are wearing them outside all of their jerseys but that's not a requisite is it?

BmxConvert

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Longview, Washington
I have an assault pressure suit and I've only quickly tried to make it work with the Leatt but had no success.
I've just been riding the brace with no armor. My core saver should be here wednesday. I need to try the brace out with my fox armor and see if I can make that work.

-Kevin

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I've been running my leatt brace with my old style core saver. I have to cut slits in the jersey. Put on armor first, then jersey, then slide the brace on through the slits. I put the brace directly against myself, not on the back of the armor. It's a snug fit, but it works.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
Using mine with a 661 pro pressure suit. Cut a slit in the jersey and slide the back piece down into the spine protector, stays in place just like that