Quantcast

leatt help

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
i just cant get it to work for me, i got a rockgardn pearl helmet and a dbx comp II brace. for the life of me i cant get it so i can look up to go down a trail as far as i know the pearl is leatt compatible. any suggestions to get it to fit a little better? i crash more when im wearing the damn thing since i cant look up, please help.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
get a longer neck.

I had the same problem with Urge Down-o-matic and my Leatt. I'd read, and been told that they were compatible. I'm sure they are, if your neck is giraffe-like.

Really can't know for sure without trying 'em out.

I got a D3. No more issue. That little chamfer on the back seemed to really make the difference for me.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Get a hacksaw and cut part of your helmet off in the back. It can't be that important.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I called Leatt asking for a solution and they told me to buy the "downhill bike" kit for it. I don't remember what I did, but before I had the same issue. I took apart the back of my leatt brace and there was a screw or plastic slide of something you could remove. It brought down the back about 1/2" and frankly I am too lazy to find my allen keys and take it apart. I called back Leatt and the rep reluctantly told me that it was safe, so I didn't need to buy the separate kit. WIN! There is a screw you can take out I think and the plastic piece will slide all the way down, this was a year and a half ago, so I don't remember exactly what I did.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
I called Leatt asking for a solution and they told me to buy the "downhill bike" kit for it. I don't remember what I did, but before I had the same issue. I took apart the back of my leatt brace and there was a screw or plastic slide of something you could remove. It brought down the back about 1/2" and frankly I am too lazy to find my allen keys and take it apart. I called back Leatt and the rep reluctantly told me that it was safe, so I didn't need to buy the separate kit. WIN! There is a screw you can take out I think and the plastic piece will slide all the way down, this was a year and a half ago, so I don't remember exactly what I did.
You flipped the nuts. The nuts sit in a plastic holder with a nub that slides up and down inside of the notch. This nub is there so the nuts don't spin around when you tighten the rear helmet catch plate thing.

Normally this nub is on the bottom of the slide, but if you remove the nuts and flip them around so they are on the top of the slide, you will get that extra 1/2" or so of travel. That makes a difference

Last edited: