Quantcast

Leaving for Europe in a few hours- What to bring

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I am leaving in a few hours for Alicante, Spain. I'll be attending the University and riding my bike hella. I'll be there for a year or so.

Can I get an equivalent to DOT 4 fluid to bleed my Hayes in Europe?

Should I buy an extra chain or two here in the states, or will bike prices be really high in Europe?

I just bought a Yeti AS-X to ride while my downhill bike gets warranteed, and I am hoping I can sell it for more than I bought it for (around $600 US), then buy a dirt bike. Is that a possibility?

Will the wireless internet on my iBook work in Spain? How do Spaniards connect to the net? I have a power adapter, btw.

Any info on Spanish, French, or Portugese race series?

Thanks, I appreciate any info I can get!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I am about to buy a Canon PowerShot A510, anyone have any experience with this camera? $190 a good deal? The memory card is going for $40. Thanks!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
lol good idea... Well, I'm bringing my Specialized SX and the AS-X, but after my pal's mom got caught with some sticky icky flying to Cali, I'll never bring any pot on an airplane ever again... Especially through international customs.

The locally owned photography speciality shop quoted me that price, and since now I know it's only $10 more than from Circuit City, I'll have no reservations buying it localy! Kinda like supporting your LBS instead of Supergo or Pricepoint.

Any more tips or anything will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
You can buy all the weed you want in spain dont worry. Just be carefull who you buy it from.
Bikes are much more expensive here but I think parts are about the same price. I dont think you will have a problem selling it for 600 if the market is good. Right now I couldnt sell a DH bike in Holland if my life depended on it, might be different in Spain.
Check out a European online bikeshop like www.chainreactioncycles.com (one of the best), you can allways order from there and have it shipped to Spain.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
be sure to get down to Cabo de Gata if you have a chance...it's about 2 hr south of alicante (that's where we flew in, and drove down via Lorca).

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
bikenweed said:
I plan on posting pics of the Spanish ladies ASAP.

I went to Spain for 2 weeks for a confrence a couple years ago. I called my wife up after being there a few days just to check in. For some reason she asked me if I'd seen any pretty girls there. I said 'actually I have yet to find an ugly one.'

Have fun.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
DRB said:
Ah the big words scared you. Its okay, just show everyone how smart you are by talking japanese.
Have the moderators upset you today so you're taking it out on me. Poor dear, have a lie down, stupid prick.
Edit- I get it, you're as drunk as 10 men. Fair enough. Ranch :rolleyes:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
valve bouncer said:
][
you might be Sunny but you ain't that bright mate.
Hey vb, You can call me mate if you like (gosh) :love:

"Latin" usually refers to people from Latin America... Girls from Alicante would more likely be Castellanas.

But maybe he means Latin in e-thay aditional-tray ens-say.
I dunno...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
sunny said:
Hey vb, You can call me mate if you like (gosh) :love:

"Latin" usually refers to people from Latin America... Girls from Alicante would more likely be Castellanas.

But maybe he means Latin in e-thay aditional-tray ens-say.
I dunno...
Sorry, should have put a smiley at the end there mate:) I always thought Latin meant Italians and the Spanish as well as people from Latin American. Anyway I'm sure he'll have a good time with all them good lookin' sheilas. ;)
Nice Pig Latin btw- took a while to register thru my thick dial. :D

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I spent two weeks in Barcelona, If you go to a club before 2am, You're there too early. Way different schedule in Spain, its Kind of like the whole country (side note, I've only been to Barcelona so this is a generalization) is on the American "Freshman in College" schedule. I loved it.

You're going to have a blast man. It's different...... but in a good way.

oh, and some of these guys are full of Sh!t, girls there are like girls here, theres hot ones, but they really aren't ALL hot. Since your traveling though, you'll probably get the traveler's luck of being in "the right place at the right time" all the time.

Have FUN!

oh, and I know your last name is weed but if you want it in spain it will probably have to be hash... its all over the place. Not too mention a lot of other stuff too.....be careful.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I spent a few days in Barcelona too, it's an amazing city. Right under our place was a club that would open at midnight and stay open until 4 or 5. And there's the siesta sometime after noon where many of the shops close and people leave for a nice long lunch. That happens in France too. There's also a lot of history too. Barcelona is cool, you should go there.

And I found Barcelona (and Paris) to have a higher percentage of hot girls than here by far.