Quantcast

Leaving the country

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Countdown is at 5 hours before I leave Australia for the forseeable future. It's sad and as it is currently 4am monday morning does anyone have anything interesting? I'm too excited/sad to fall asleep and I need something to entertain me....

Anyone ever been to New Zealand? I'm heading up to Nelson on Wednesday, gonna hike to here http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fiski/bigpic/bntc-51.jpg and chill out for a few days.

It's bizaare leaving a place that I consider home and having to leave behind a large number of really good friends, I'm 20, I shouldn't be having to say goodbye to people yet! :( .....10 minutes closer to leaving

The Ito

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I've never been, but I have a buddy that has been twice. He said the Kiwis have great brothels, salmonid fishing and weed/shrooms. Sounded like a place I could lose a week or two in. :sneaky:

Why are you leaving Australia? I've had a couple friends who visted SA and told me when they got back that they wanted to move there...for much the same reasons as New Zealand was appreciated. :p

It seems like a pretty cool place. I'd love to visit.

MOSTLY UNRELATED NEWSFLASH: I heard from a buddy that US Air currently has special deals out of DC/Baltimore area roundtrip to Amsterdam for $230!!!
Can anyone say ROOOOOAD-TRIIIIIIIP!!!! :evil:

ito

Oct 3, 2003
I'm leaving Australia because my semester is over. I could stay for a month and a half more(on a student visa) but I'm running out of money fast and would like to be home for Christmas. I'll be back, especially to see Western and Queensland area. I don't know about brothels in NZ, but I walked into one on accident in Melbourne(girl I was with thought it was a bar :p ) and as for Aussie weed, I've never had it before this trip but seems pretty good :sneaky: :cool:

I'm out now, 4 more hours...if I'm not back in two weeks I either decided not to leave or got lost in the woods. Adios.

The Ito

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
We'll welcome you with open arms Chomps!

come visit Perth, though not during JAnuary cuz i'll be in California on holiday.

Dan

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
damn nice. if ur going backpacking, as im a seriose hiker myself. Check out the new North Face Pivotal 60 pack. Its so nice :drool: i got one, a good deal for 145 too! it eliminates the rash of normal hicking. I got mine this summer, put it through 2 weeks in the Sawtooth range and tons of rain. Very nice for the pack, have fun and be sure to log onto the monkey once and a while. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
NZ is great. nelson is a class town, but not as good as dunedin.

btw. llkoolkeg, there is more to life than burning one. amsterdam is not the only destination. or so i've heard.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
narlus said:
btw. llkoolkeg, there is more to life than burning one. amsterdam is not the only destination. or so i've heard.
I know; that's why I mentioned the brothels. ;)

I was being brief and didn't elaborate with nightclub, cultural adventure or ride info. Believe me- my herbal travels have taken me to many different countries and states within the union. Amsterdam just provides the most...ahem, bang for the buck. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
mack said:
damn nice. if ur going backpacking, as im a seriose hiker myself. Check out the new North Face Pivotal 60 pack. Its so nice :drool: i got one, a good deal for 145 too! it eliminates the rash of normal hicking. I got mine this summer, put it through 2 weeks in the Sawtooth range and tons of rain. Very nice for the pack, have fun and be sure to log onto the monkey once and a while. :thumb:
You should lay off the weed......... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

ito

Oct 3, 2003
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Yeah, I'm a month away from leaving america for australia/NZ. I don't plan on coming back for several years.
check out vorb.org.nz for some helpful folks in NZ(which is how I'm posting this), have a good trip man.

The Ito