Quantcast

Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore, beautiful music

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

My feelings on Kim Gordon I shall keep to myself.

Steve Shelley is ok.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
actually, if steve shelley progressed beyond his single mode of playing, i'd be happy. i never really thought about it until someone mentioned it, and it was extremely obvious on the new record.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
the first time i saw SY ('89), thurston was wearing that green jacket. of all the times i've seen 'em (probably about 8 or so), they've never mailed in a performance.
I just remember my ears not functioning properly for a couple of days.

They are always good live.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
one of my my rockstar moments was standing next to thurston moore and kim gordon and at a fugazi show up in massachusetts. i felt like a rock star just being able to stand next to them.
oh to be young again.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
they end their US tour @ boston, playing w/ the flaming lips on Sept 3rd. i'm gonna miss their show in asheville NC by about 3 days. :mad:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
narlus said:
i bumped into and talked w/ lee ranaldo @ the ICA the day before the chicago show i saw in '00 or so.

They did an unannounced show in Chapel Hill NC a few years ago and I just happened to be there. Great show. After the show a friend and I went to another really small bar in town for a drink. They ended up coming to the same bar themselves so I got to meet/chat with all of them.