Quantcast

Left Hand D

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
I want to upgrade the cranks on my specialized cruiser, but I don't wanna lose left hand drive cuz I grind on the right. Is it the bb, the crank arms or simply the frame that makes LHD possible. In other words, can any bmx cranks be used for LHD.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
if you take 'normal' cranks, and flip them around to run on the left, the only issue you may have is that your pedals might come loose. crank arms are threaded so when you pedal, the pedals don't come unscrewed.

what cranks did you want to buy? I think most companys make crank arms for both left and right drive these days.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it sounds like he already has the correct hub, as he says he doesn't want to lose left hand drive....

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
Yeah, Ive got LHD. Just wanted to upgrade those specialized cranks and bb but still have LHD (Profiles, for example). If you reef on the pedals they should't be comin out. Just didn't know if the BB threads or spacing would work.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
If you already have a LHD setup then you only need to worry about the cranks and BB. The cranks will be different between LHD and Normal (right side) Drive. And if you buy a different brand of cranks you will probably need a different brand of BB to match the cranks. That should be it.

Like pnj said you could just use normal cranks and hope your pedals don't unscrew. But since you're buying a whole new set of cranks anyway just find a pair that is LHD compatible. I'm sure Profile must make a set if you wanted Profiles anyway.