Quantcast

Leftover Halloween candy

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha got?

I made sure to buy candy I'd eat in case there were leftovers. We've now got a bunch of Nerds, Bottle Caps, Sweet Tarts, Runts, and Wacky Taffy. I bought a 250 count bag and I've got about half left. We probably had 25-30 kids come by and I gave them 4-5 pieces each.

:thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Any good costumes on those Simsbury Hoodlums?

Send some Nerds my direction Mr. Baboon! :cool:
Batman seemed to be the theme of the day. The kids were all so cute. :) Last year a kid wore a nuclear chemical suit. That was the BEST! :D

I will hold some Nerds for you, but you'll have to battle MBC for the Sweet Tarts.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
We bought 'full-size' candy bars. Three boxes of 30 based on what we heard about our neighborhood last year (we weren't there). Also bought a big box of tootsie pops as a backup. We expected the neighborhood kids, and kids from the apartments next door.

We got 10 kids. All in one group.

So now we've got more candy bars than we need and a whole lot of pops.

Brought some into work today. I'm already gaining my winter weight, so I don't need these to help.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we have tons of nerds and tootsie rolls and pops leftover. wee didnt get near as many kids this year. tn is taking them to work with him. i can't have that junk laying around the house. it makes me sick but i still eat it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I beat my dog until he was in a frothing frenzy and tied him up to the front porch to maul and kids that came by as I ate all the candy I bought.

Just kidding. I ate all the left over candy last night and gave my pups doggy treats for being so damn good. I had Kit Kats and they got milk bones.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we bought six big bags of candy, and i tried to limit the pieces to 1-2 per kid. we ran out at the end, and i had to take a few pieces from Miles' and Otis' bags. :(

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
We got nothing. We always go out so we don't have to mess with the dogs and the doorbell issue. There is plenty of candy at work if I feel the urge.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have yet to have a trickortreator at my house (3rd year)

I really wanted to buy some chewy sprees but i couldnt find any :mumble: I do have sneakers, m&m's, & skittles leftover

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Nothing left here. I actually buy candy that I DON'T like. Otherwise, it will be gone before the tick or treaters even get to me place...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
had about 20 or so kids stop by. bought a bunch of big candy bars and small twix and reeses. already eating the leftover reeses for breakfast.
my favorite costume of the evening was a little pimp.
very precious.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
amydalayna said:
my favorite costume of the evening was a little pimp.
very precious.
That's hilarious! I wonder who's idea it was - his or the parents? Either way, someone's got some 'splaining to do!!

We had about 20 kids come by and we've got snickers and crunch bars left over, I brought some to work to add to the pile. I am munching a reese's cup right now...mmmm...pretty much the only couple days of the year that I eat huge amounts of candy...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
OGRipper said:
That's hilarious! I wonder who's idea it was - his or the parents? Either way, someone's got some 'splaining to do!!

We had about 20 kids come by and we've got snickers and crunch bars left over, I brought some to work to add to the pile. I am munching a reese's cup right now...mmmm...pretty much the only couple days of the year that I eat huge amounts of candy...
he had a purple hat with a feather. even a sparkly cane. i loved it.

i have no restraint with all this candy around. to top that, someone at work brought in chocolate cake to work today. what are they trying to do to me here? definitely need to get a ride in soon.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
amydalayna said:
he had a purple hat with a feather. even a sparkly cane. i loved it. .
was he beating down the bitches in a cute manner? :blah:

maybe i can dress up Miles like the Hillside Strangler next year.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
narlus said:
was he beating down the bitches in a cute manner? :blah:

maybe i can dress up Miles like the Hillside Strangler next year.
yes. it was very indearing the way he slapped them around.
i'm suprised he was even out there working for the candy. wouldn't his women be responsible for such tasks?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
amydalayna said:
yes. it was very indearing the way he slapped them around.
i'm suprised he was even out there working for the candy. wouldn't his women be responsible for such tasks?
Ha, he should have stayed in his Caddy at the end of the driveway and sent his ho's in to collect.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
he should have done it Magnum Force style, and forced drano down their throats if they didn't cooperate.

have i mentioned how cute pimps are lately?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
heres the question of the day. did you give candy out to the little dirtbags that didnt bother putting on a costume? i swear there were 5 or 6 of those buggers that came over.
who are you?
im myself
get out of here, you weasel

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We live in quite a rural area and don't get many, but I got the normal neighbors (6-8 kids and their parents) and we always give lots of candy to them :D This year I bought bags of M&Ms, Twix, Reese's PB Cups and Kit Kats. We have a little left that we'll probably take into work.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
narlus said:
we bought six big bags of candy, and i tried to limit the pieces to 1-2 per kid. we ran out at the end, and i had to take a few pieces from Miles' and Otis' bags. :(

MAN! You are a terrible parent! :nope: (although if my Dad gave mine away I probably wouldn't have made myself sick every Halloween :( )

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Nada left.

I was told Leo got bored with it all after a while.