Quantcast

Leftover Rice snack....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Take about a cup of cooked white rice. Whichever you prefer. Chop some scallions or shallots. Once again whichever you prefer. About a half cup. A cup of shredded white cabbage. Shredded pretty fine. I can buy this at the Wah for $1/lb. A finely chopped Jalepeno without seeds. 1/4 cup of Soy sauce (the cheap stuff). A splash of rice vinegar and Sriracha. Maybe some five spice powder (but not necessary). Peas go well also just don't mush them up. Combine everything in a bowl add a eggs and form into balls or patties and fry or bake them. I use sesame oil to fry rice. You can use anything you have on hand. I get fancy and finish them in sesame seeds.
I serve them with a rice vinegar, honey, hoison, chili paste, soy sauce sauce mixture. If I have peanuts or sprouts I garnish with them too. The sauce works well to marinade Pork also. If you have access to Moo Shu pancakes or Bib Lettuce you can make excellent chinese tacos with the above mixture. Great after the bong shed with Sake. Some folks call it Happy Rice. I call it good.