Quantcast

leg armor

chromagnus

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
I have Roach leg armor and I ride with it regardless of the bike or style trails i am on b/c all my bikes have flat pedals. Just this year it started rubbing the skin right off the top of my knee cap and on the side of my leg beside the knee from pedaling. Anyone have any ideas on how to save my skin? It is to the point that i cant even wear them b/c the rug burn is too bad.

I was thinking about looking for a lycra knee guard or some thing but i hate having more insulation on with summer approaching. They worked fine for a year but are now chaffing.

The pads are still in good shape so it isn't that they are worn out. I have tried them on tight and loose on the top straps; rubs both ways.

Thanks.

baf

Chimp
Jan 11, 2009
I have Roach leg armor and I ride with it regardless of the bike or style trails i am on b/c all my bikes have flat pedals. Just this year it started rubbing the skin right off the top of my knee cap and on the side of my leg beside the knee from pedaling. Anyone have any ideas on how to save my skin? It is to the point that i cant even wear them b/c the rug burn is too bad.

I was thinking about looking for a lycra knee guard or some thing but i hate having more insulation on with summer approaching. They worked fine for a year but are now chaffing.

The pads are still in good shape so it isn't that they are worn out. I have tried them on tight and loose on the top straps; rubs both ways.

Thanks.
I just wear my wife's thigh high's. ...

But I have some Dianese knee/shin armor and i've noticed the only time they get super chafe-y are either when they get wet or after a wreck and some dirt gets in there.
I know this seems obvious, but are the straps clean?

chromagnus

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
yeah they are clean. i had a bunch of crud in the pads from a sandy wet ride but i cleaned them meticulously. Maybe there is some more in there that i need to get, or maybe it was enough crud to ruin them. Thanks though.

jsk14

Chimp
Jan 13, 2009
GVRD
get fox launch pads, best pads i've owned.

In your case, i'd get the fox launch shorty. good ventilation, great locking system. light.

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
I get the same chafe on my knee from the Fox Launch pads. I may try riding with just knee pads at some point and see if thats any better.

jsk14

Chimp
Jan 13, 2009
GVRD
I get the same chafe on my knee from the Fox Launch pads. I may try riding with just knee pads at some point and see if thats any better.
I think i got chafing early on when i got the pads, but now i think the x-straps are broken in, and don't chafe me at all.

I like my shins too much to go knee only.