Quantcast

Leg o' Lamb

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Gonna try one NYE. Any tips? I think I am going to smoke it & maybe use some kind of apricot glaze, but still looking. I am thinking about bone-in too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
N8 said:
Roasted with a mint sauce...

:drool:
I have a mint glazed leg recipe that looks the bomb. Is there any extra prep? removing sinew or anything else? my web resources say no. but a first hand account from a :monkey: is always the best.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
MMMM lamb. :drool: I love it simply roasted with a paste of garlic and herbs. Make a paste of crushed garlic, rosemary, mint, olive oil, and S&P (mortar and pestle works best). Add some brown mustard if you like, that will help form a crust. Rub it all over before roasting, and make some deep slits and jam some down there too. If it's boneless, unwrap it and rub that paste all over the inside too. Personally I stay away from sweet glazes and sauces with lamb but you can add honey to the paste too.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
OGRipper said:
MMMM lamb. :drool: I love it simply roasted with a paste of garlic and herbs. Make a paste of crushed garlic, rosemary, mint, olive oil, and S&P (mortar and pestle works best). Add some brown mustard if you like, that will help form a crust. Rub it all over before roasting, and make some deep slits and jam some down there too. If it's boneless, unwrap it and rub that paste all over the inside too. Personally I stay away from sweet glazes and sauces with lamb but you can add honey to the paste too.
Ditto...
Lemon, Garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, thyme, & mint.

Another good way to do it is to use some tandori paste.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you could butterfly it and grill it.

last roast leg i did was for easter...S&P all over, and some oil and chopped rosemary. i also stuck a paring knife into the leg a couple dozen times and shoved slivers of garlic cloves in.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
just thought we'd update you on the leg of lamb. it was phenomenal. we glazed it in a soy sauce/worchshire/ginger/brown sugar/and some other things glaze. then we poked holes in it and put ginger and garlic in the holes. TN butterflied it and it went on the smoker for about 4 hours. it turned out so good. fantastic flavor. we will definitely be making it a new years tradition.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
laura said:
just thought we'd update you on the leg of lamb. it was phenomenal. we glazed it in a soy sauce/worchshire/ginger/brown sugar/and some other things glaze. then we poked holes in it and put ginger and garlic in the holes. TN butterflied it and it went on the smoker for about 4 hours. it turned out so good. fantastic flavor. we will definitely be making it a new years tradition.
Smoker? Hmm.... Never thought of that.

Personally, I like mine a little more rare. I'll have to try the asian glaze you mentioned though.