Quantcast

leg strength

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
I have noticed recently that my right calf is much bulgier(?) than the left one. I dont know if that means that it is stronger but how could I get both legs equally strong or "bulgy"? I am a drummer so that might have something to do with it. bass drum pedal can be surprisingly tiring. but I would also like to to work on my thighs and what not. not so much upperbody because that means more excess weight for riding that would'nt necessarily be used in my case. so what other exercises could I do to get all parts of my legs muscular? thank you for any posts,
-drumbum540

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
*Deep squats(full) w/ lightish weight or Deadlifts
*Machine leg press -- one leg at a time
*Leg curls
*Good mornings OR Hyper extensions OR Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift --> these are lower back/hamstring
*Lunges

Good site for exercises --> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

edit -- If you are looking for explosive power(jumping), google Plyometrics.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
I do a lot of leg workouts but the main one is my squat routine. I use light weight only like 180lbs I do one set of 20 reps "deep squats, down to the ground". Then I do one set of 20 reps DH racing stance ie right foot forward and left back and then i do that the opposite way. I do each of those 4 times, It took a bit to build up to that, but your legs will thank you lol.

Yeah Plyometrics are definitely amazing, I also recommend putting a good workout together.