Quantcast

Legal freeride trails

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
It's an awesome place and we're going down this weekend! :monkeydance:

And it came about with "rogue" trails...

Just need some motivated people up here in an area with existing trail building going on and a proposal.

But hey, what about Port Angeles as a start? They even have the legal go-ahead....

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
Do not pass up Hood River to ride Black Rock. Do not EVER pass it up. Black Rock doesnt hold anything up on Hood River. It is out in the middle of nowhere and is pretty much crap if you are looking for technical DH.

But if you insist on riding there, bring a very short travel bike. Trails are smooth and not technical at all.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Do not pass up Hood River to ride Black Rock. Do not EVER pass it up. Black Rock doesnt hold anything up on Hood River. It is out in the middle of nowhere and is pretty much crap if you are looking for technical DH.

But if you insist on riding there, bring a very short travel bike. Trails are smooth and not technical at all.
But we were talking about distance from Seattle....what we can get to easily for a day's ride is what we go for.

You say "being in the middle of nowhere like it's a bad thing" :brow:

But you're right, it's not DH, it's a Free Ride Park!

bockner

Monkey
Jun 21, 2005
bellevue, wa
Hood river is awesome been there and loved it...yeah on teh Black rock the pics and vids I have seen look pretty great with great flowing lines kickers ladders and all that fun stuff....

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA

Apparently you haven't ridden Brake Check or the bottom half of Sunday Stroll with the 6-12 ft gaps then...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Seams like there are more freeriders here than portland but they have to sick leagal riding spots within and 1hr of them.

Yes I like post better(you can shuttle it too) than black rock but I dont reamber much for technical downhill, more stunts and fast single track. I dont know all the trails tough.

Post definatly has some huge stuff but black rock has a few big things as well, that 15 foot drop and some of the gaps are 15-18 feet, big enough for me. I know a lot of people that bring there big bikes there, I prefer it for some of the stunts.

Post is about 1hr drive east of portland and blk rock is south and west of portland, about 1 1/2 hr. Both places I worth the drive from seattle, little much for a day trip tough.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Post is about 1hr drive east of portland and blk rock is south and west of portland, about 1 1/2 hr. Both places I worth the drive from seattle, little much for a day trip tough.
Not for us! We went down to BR for the shuttle day last fall and came back in one day - definitely worth it! If Post is even closer we'll be all over it.

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Yes, Whistler is definitely the summertime trip, but for the off season, Black Rock is fun to go to with being the same distance away, especially for their shuttle days.