Quantcast

Legit?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by bent^biker, Feb 15, 2008.

1. bent^biker

bent^biker Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0

Please register to disable this ad.

2. eastside

eastside Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Those scratches and downtube dent shouldent effect a thing. I've been riding trials for 12 years and seen alot worse than that and never saw a downtube failier out of it

3. mntbiker2

mntbiker2 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Legit?

4. r464

r464 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Too legit to quit...

5. r464

r464 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Any used trials frame is going to show some damage, and the downtube is a prime location for it. However, I have seen trials frames that have good-sized dents in the downtube still perform fine.

6. bent^biker

bent^biker Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    thanks for the input and the mc pic, pure gold

7. r464

r464 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    You may want to also look around on some of the trials-specific web sites out there. I have seen some used mod completes go for very low prices. If you are looking to try out a bike and see if trials is for you, then it may be better to go for something very inexpensive in case you decide that you don't want to continue with it.

On the other hand, make sure that you are aware of what you can get a new bike for as well. There are some new complete mods out there that can compete pricewise with what some folks are trying to get for their used bikes.

8. bent^biker

bent^biker Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    i have done some pretty thorough looking around, and ridden mod for a while (buddy's bike that doesn't ride much). this one seems to be speced out pretty well so I think I'll rock it. Any particular new mod completes you had in mind though?

9. bikerpunk98199

bikerpunk98199 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    mod?! psh. stock is the way to go stephen. too bad you are just getting into trials, i would of sold you my echo complete with king for like 350

10. sperkins

sperkins Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    if you are interested in it and it has a decent price, i think you should go for it.

11. RAMNATION1

RAMNATION1 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    yes it's a good deal... The guy's and ass though... watch yourself...

12. bent^biker

bent^biker Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    ended up not going with that bike cuz beast hooked me up with his. That guy seemed all right though, very polite online and on the phone.

13. r464

r464 Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Well, you should post up what you have...

:)

14. bent^biker

bent^biker Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    monty x-lite,pics soon, still needs a little work

15. RAMNATION1

RAMNATION1 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    the one from here on ridemonkey?

16. Jibby

Jibby Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have to agree for some reasons and not for others. I'm a noob trials rider, but making leaps and bounds. I tried out a few stocks when I was living in Cleveland, and once I moved I needed my own bike. I put out a want ad and ended up buying a Koxx Djinn (mod) with HS33s on the cheap.

I kind of wish I held out for a stock. I had pedal kicks the first day and could already sidehop 2-3 feet, so the ease of throwing around 20 inch wheels was kind of lost, and all of the limitations were realized. You have to side hop EVERYTHING if you want to work high off the ground, plus, I got back on my jump bike and almost completely forgot how to ride the thing. Then I rode my jump bike for about two weeks, and when I got back on the mod, I found I couldn't ride that either. I still like it for technique practice, but I feel like I'll need to eventually get a stock frame if I want to pursue trials.

But then you know, there are some ridiculous trials riders who ride mod all day, so whatever. Anyway, it sounds like you already got a bike so I'm babbling. Have fun!

17. RAMNATION1

RAMNATION1 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    If you ride both types of bikes on a consistant basis, you will be fine... :clapping: just get yourself used to riding both and there won't be that much of a change... it's a mental thing I do it all the time... no shock or rebound except for your tires. completely different from a DJ/STREET stock MTB... gotta admit... it keeps you on your toes! :monkeydance: LMAO great post!