Quantcast

legos

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm sure there's some other lego nerds here. since quarantine started, i've been sorting through all my old sets (the parts got all mixed up over the years, but my parents saved them) and have been having a lot of fun building these old sets. we just finished dragon's den #6076. i also have the near complete line of ice planet. and a lot of the blacktron sets.

i have also since discovered brick link, and it's pretty much a bottomless pit of nostalgia. its really tempting to get some of the older, bigger sets i always wanted as a kid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I almost bought some hot wheel track since lil Man isn't here. I miss building tracks, dammit.

I never had a Lego kit, just a bucket of hand me down pieces.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My middle kid is a Lego nerd. In fact, my wife felt so bad for him missing his last few months of his senior year of high school that she fucking bought him an Imperial Star Destroyer. :fancy:

And yes, it was one of the fucking BIG ones:

1589998192501.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
bricklink is rad because its basically like ebay for legos, i was able to find a bunch of old parts i had lost to finish kits. its actually really well done, you can pull kits up and it'll give you the full build list of parts, and links to people selling them.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I used to shoplift LEGO like a goddam thieving little bastard when I was a kid. I had a large suitcase full. Then someone broke into our house and stole them all.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My middle kid is a Lego nerd. In fact, my wife felt so bad for him missing his last few months of his senior year of high school that she fucking bought him an Imperial Star Destroyer. :fancy:

And yes, it was one of the fucking BIG ones:

View attachment 145376
My buddy couldn't justify the cost, so he found the parts list and bought lots off eBay. I think he saved a bit and ended up with a lot of extras.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am unable to argue with your assertion. She is awesome. Except when she suggests I "tidy up the house" because the fridge tech is coming to repair the refrigerator. :think: :mad:
Yeah, I have gotten that too. Me trying to explain that the person coming over doesn't give a shit about the tidiness of the house just fell upon deaf ears.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yeah, I have gotten that too. Me trying to explain that the person coming over doesn't give a shit about the tidiness of the house just fell upon deaf ears.
She like to suggest it when our friends come over as well... to which I always reply, "Why in the world would we want to lie to our friends like that?"

I still end up tidying up when friends come over. :mad:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A coworker's husband is a Lego nut. He has filled their two car garage with his Lego workshop, spent close to 6 figures on them.

Loved them as a kid but looking back I would have rather had a welder.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i had a ton as a kid. parents saved them all, then i gave them to our oldest son, who was super into them for a while. his room is filled with them. i'll have to grab a pic and post it. younger son isn't so into them, but still has a bunch. a few years ago i downloaded the plans for the death star kit and were were able to basically build the whole thing out of pieces we had in-house.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I have about 150k pieces of lego, in about 100-150 sets.
Pretty much every big star wsrs, technic and creator set from the last 20 years .. and then some from the 80s-90s i always wanted as a kid...

I hereby claim the throne of lego nerdomness in rm.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I became an architect because of legos. Old enough to have played with the "use your imagination" models. Later those spaceships legos were the rage but I had discovered the "other sex" by then.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My middle and elder kids like LEGO building, so we get them sets. I had fun building the Technic crane the other night.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I became an architect because of legos. Old enough to have played with the "use your imagination" models. Later those spaceships legos were the rage but I had discovered the "other sex" by then.
I really thought about that direction . . . but then all teh maths and teh physics . . . so went into art history instead. Still love drawing up plans for things, and one of my favorite parts of my job is planning the gallery configurations and laying out shows.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I really thought about that direction . . . but then all teh maths and teh physics . . . so went into art history instead. Still love drawing up plans for things, and one of my favorite parts of my job is planning the gallery configurations and laying out shows.
So an over-educated interior decorator?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
You should have done like me and become an architectural technician, and just still say you're an architect no matter who tells you otherwise.

Last edited: