Quantcast

Lemond: Faster than me you dope.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
He didn't really say that but he certainly hints at it.

The American pointed out that "the speed at which the riders go up the climbs is as fast as in the Pantani times. That is a shock to me." He thought that many riders are still involved with Dr. Ferrari and think they can't achieve results without him.
LeMond insisted that the riders know very well who dopes and who doesn't, suggesting that "it's obvious there are still dopers in the peloton." He explained that Contador weighs the same as Rasmussen, and both climbed at the same speed as Pantani. "That's sufficient for the red flag to come up." He also reminded us that Contador's name came up in connection with Operación Puerto, but was cleared after the 2006 Tour. "I am not pointing the finger at him [Contador]. I am simply saying if Rasmussen got caught then we also need to have a very close look at his competitors."
Such a class act.

L

luelling

I watched a show on him and I think I know what part of his problem is......after his third Tour win he went for a fourth and was more fit and more prepared than he had been in any other Tour and the best he could manage was sixth (I think). It was obvious that the Euros were doping and that was the increase in performance.....SO.....I think he is still pissed about that and accusses everyone who can win of doping. In his mind you probably can't be a doper unless you dope. Personally I think you can.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I watched a show on him and I think I know what part of his problem is......after his third Tour win he went for a fourth and was more fit and more prepared than he had been in any other Tour and the best he could manage was sixth (I think). It was obvious that the Euros were doping and that was the increase in performance.....SO.....I think he is still pissed about that and accusses everyone who can win of doping. In his mind you probably can't be a doper unless you dope. Personally I think you can.
Here in a nutshell is Lemond's problem. He can't conceive that anyone could have been faster than him. If they are they must be cheating.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Here in a nutshell is Lemond's problem. He can't conceive that anyone could have been faster than him. If they are they must be cheating.
i agree with this , lemond just needs to go away and realize there are faster better riders than him out there . man ,that guy angers me.

JoeRay

Monkey
Feb 19, 2004
In Squalor
Lemond really should just stop his jaw flapping away. Everything coming out is doing little good for cycling, and it is only reducing him in the eyes of many.

Although reducing below the level of 'walking rent-a-headline jealous ex-winner' can't be much lower now can it?

L

luelling

Lemond really should just stop his jaw flapping away. Everything coming out is doing little good for cycling, and it is only reducing him in the eyes of many.

Although reducing below the level of 'walking rent-a-headline jealous ex-winner' can't be much lower now can it?
He could go further....look at Spears and Lohan. He could be a drugged out, drunk, headline seeking whore

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Once again, how do we know Lemond never doped? Some of the best cycling performances in history...and he was clean while everyone else is dirty? Uh huh...