Quantcast

Lenzerheide - Jackalope missedthe boat

joeg

I have some obvious biases
Jul 20, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
Virtually Unrideable Pivot system question - I see that Greg is running a custom lower link on his V8.5, so any insight into what the purpose for this modifcation is? Experimenting with more rideable kinematics and/or reshaped to fit the X2? Apologies if this is old news.
the headset is for moar front length. the link is for moar back length. UCI has no rules on prone position in MTB, which is aero as fuck

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I'm hoping Neko can put one together tomorrow. It sucks to see him off his pace from last year. Great result for Eliot Jackson in his first race back since the first round. If I'm to believe pinkbike, Brendog had a DSQ because he crossed the finish line with his helmet unstrapped? I hope that's not true. Either way, sucks to see him not in the finals. He's had a pretty solid year up until this weekend.

Jun 1, 2011
Denver
Brendog should be okay since he is protected. Hopefully his thumb is feeling well enough to hold on for finals.

Also, for the wishlist I would like to see Neko take is first win tomorrow, for America.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I'm hoping Neko can put one together tomorrow. It sucks to see him off his pace from last year. Great result for Eliot Jackson in his first race back since the first round. If I'm to believe pinkbike, Brendog had a DSQ because he crossed the finish line with his helmet unstrapped? I hope that's not true. Either way, sucks to see him not in the finals. He's had a pretty solid year up until this weekend.
Agree on all fronts and super hope Brendog didn't get dq'd because of a helmet strap.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
UCI need to re-think their rules. helmet buckles are difficult

joeg

I have some obvious biases
Jul 20, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
By back longity does that mean moving the whole rear triangle back some? Not trying to get you to expose the secrets of its winning unrideability
Backness is mostly quantified by distance of rear wheel axle centerline from bb axis centerline.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
that drop on the steep section is no joke, that looks wild.

Looks like Mullaly going down in practice shook him up a little, his result wasn't great

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Yep, looks like feed died. Heard them say top camera overheated -- unsure if that has anything to do with it

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
But my fuck Dean Lucas just dropped a 3:02:xx -- 1 second faster than top quali so perhaps we see a sub-3min run today....

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Judging by what we were seeing before the feed cut out, I'm pretty sure Aaron Gwin's got this. Blown out, dusty corners with awkward jumps? SoCal in a nutshell.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Gwin looked horrible today.

Somebody plz punch kathy sessler in the throat

bummed loic blew it in the last turn, i think he would have done it

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
Haha I love how everyone kept talking about everyone else but Minnaar while he just slipped under the radar last season because of being dqd. Probably because he rides composed like noone else!?