Quantcast

Lenzerheide World Champs

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
That's the impression I also got. I'm positive we'll see him at worlds next year though. I still cannot get over how good his content is, and the fact that he's the only ex-racer that have thought to do this.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Honestly Pinkbike should be paying any and all media access fees (totally bullshit to charge media for the privilege of covering your event, but teh lizards) and picking up the tab for his flight, hotel and giving him a generous per-deim for beer. Cathro has been the best thing to happen to their coverage since they created the photo galleries. Much better than yet another poll with 87 options for who has the best paint, custom helmet, or who wore the best "kit".

Now that 'Murca has taken the women's XC stripes, I'm officially pulling for Maes, my dark-horse pick Guitierez or Wyn, just to see hime interview himself with a mic duct-taped to a shoe while piss-drunk.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just finished watching the ladies and mens XC replays, Nino into beast mode on that last lap. A shame the crash in the ladies wasn't shown when she was miles out in front..

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That venue seems perfect. At least what i saw for xc. So many fans lining the course pretty much the entire course, some like 6 people deep, maybe more. And the finishing arena. So good. No way a Vail venue could match that kind of spectator friendly set up. The terrain just doesn't exist. Well done Lenzerheide.
Part of the reason so many people showed up to watch is Nino....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Philippines.
I really wanted to visit my friend who was teaching freediving there and I found some trails near the place she stayed at (sorry I have shit memory). How is the race scene in the Philipines? I know Indonesia has some nice races since some Kiwi pros started in a few but never heard anything about the Philipines race scene.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I really wanted to visit my friend who was teaching freediving there and I found some trails near the place she stayed at (sorry I have shit memory). How is the race scene in the Philipines? I know Indonesia has some nice races since some Kiwi pros started in a few but never heard anything about the Philipines race scene.
Not as big as the race scene in Indonesia. They are more organized.

Freediving is great. I could only get down to 50 feet or more when I was younger. I could have gone deeper with training but was not really interested. Respect to freedivers.

Back on topic: Rachel Atherton!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
do they give out uci points like free candy in asia or why do these obviously slower thai women have more of them then world cup racers?
No competition while those races still give you points. You probably get more points for wining a race in east Asia than for being 10th in Yurp.

Also I love my GF for not riding bikes but berating anyone she thinks rides enduro. I didn't know yoga made you that agressive.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
damn, dick move. How do you go fast enough to qualify for worlds and not be present enough to remember other people might pass you when you're coasting down with a broken crank. wonder if that dude will get a rerun

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Real talk though: I called this race pretty hard - Loic win, amaury crashing

Edit: Also, Maes is fast as shit, and I hope he does more DH racing next year and doesn't stick with enduro only

Last edited: