Quantcast

Leogang 2012 worlds

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
The Leogang round was cool this year, and I love Austria, but the UCI is just too Eurocentric. Once they have this round, 7 of the last 10 Worlds will have been in Europe.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Im including the trail in the venue.
Euro ski resorts/bikeparks have all the facilities and awsome tracks to hold races.
And theres just a ****load of European DHers...
I'm not knocking on europe, or saying the US is better. There are lots of many good bike parks and trails out there, that would be great places to have a world championship. From listening to the riders, all of them thought it was a clapped out meh trail. Why not make worlds at La Bresse, schladming, maribor? One of the ooldes of bike resorts in the alps?

edit: before I get flamed to death for this, i should add: that was what came across in the interviews I saw. Maybe those of you who are industry insiders and hella pro and have connects can tell me differently.

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Im including the trail in the venue.
Euro ski resorts/bikeparks have all the facilities and awsome tracks to hold races.
And theres just a ****load of European DHers...
Maybe because there's a ****load of European races.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Maybe we just have better venues?
Leogang a good Venue? It is a big park but the trail is supper beaten up and not really of the same quality as the other WC trails. If I remember correctly some of the pros werent to happy about it either. I really hope they change it because it is a really dissapointing trail in my opinion.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I'm not knocking on europe, or saying the US is better. There are lots of many good bike parks and trails out there, that would be great places to have a world championship. From listening to the riders, all of them thought it was a clapped out meh trail. Why not make worlds at La Bresse, schladming, maribor? One of the ooldes of bike resorts in the alps?

edit: before I get flamed to death for this, i should add: that was what came across in the interviews I saw. Maybe those of you who are industry insiders and hella pro and have connects can tell me differently.
Well, Schladming is currently under heavy construction but those other venues might have been better as you say.
But I think the main thing in this is UCI politics anyway.