Quantcast

Leogang 2013 - Season ender...

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
Watch this:
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Course-Preview-Leogang-DH-World-Cup,22924/iceman2058,94

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Schladming-RAW-with-Adam-Brayton,22922/joebo,1905

Answer is Schladming!
And Gastoflat Brayton is one hell of a shredder.
And I hope it gets back in the WC cirquit!
Also, a few riders think Leogang was tamed down even more this year...
does no one else think even the infamous Schladming has become a bit bike parky in sections. Rode Champery WC again this summer and it felt alot more 'mainline' then years previous.

I actually like riding more man made open stuff as there is none where i live

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Someone needs to do some math on the points tally. 200 for winning finals, right? and 180 for second? 50 for qualifying first? How many for second?

If Gee qualifies first then Stevie could potentially beat him come finals and Gee would still take the overall, no? Going to be interesting to see what tactics they each play tomorrow!

Stoked!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
does no one else think even the infamous Schladming has become a bit bike parky in sections. Rode Champery WC again this summer and it felt alot more 'mainline' then years previous.

I actually like riding more man made open stuff as there is none where i live
I think there is a trend for ANY resort trail to get buffed out over time. The more it gets ridden, the more a single line gets worn in. Additionally trail erosion forces maintenance, which 99.9% of the time either results in the trail getting buffed out by choice, or because there is no other option to keep the trail rideable.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going to be interesting to see what tactics they each play tomorrow!

Stoked!
I would think its going to be balls to the wall from here on out haha. We all saw what happened between Gee and Minnaar a few years ago...

To add to the buffed out thing, I don't quite get chopping out roots and whatnot, but damn braking bumps suck and so do giant holes in the middle of high speeds berms. I'm all for smoothing those out.

Last edited:

Optimax150

Monkey
Aug 1, 2008
Japan
"This is not official, but it also looks like Sam Hill and Greg Minnaar may have season-ending knee injuries. If the news is true, it is possible we could see Danny Hart jump from 5th overall to 3rd and Blenki to 4th or 5th depending on their finishes."

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Leogang-World-Cup-Update-No-Timed-Training-Hill-and-Minnaar-with-Possible-Knee-Injuries,650?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fb_connect
That explains why sam hill had no qualifying time, also danny hart wasn't there either.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
favorite part, the queenstown segment of follow me, stevie is chased down by gee.

Last edited:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Kintner qualified 3rd! I hope she can keep that pace or build on it for tomorrow.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Is qualifying 1st really worth so much that it pulled smith into the lead???
There was a 17 point difference before qualifying - Stevie got 50 points and Gee got 30. So yeah.

Wonder if Stevie gets the leaders jersey for finals?

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Neko Mullaly is taking over for trek where Gwin left off. Next year is going to be his breakout year, and the year after specialized will pick him up. His results will start to suffer no matter how much money specialized throws at him.

This is as an ideal ending to the season as could possibly happen. A 3 point differential coming into the finals is awesome. Also pumped to see mick up there again, it seems like for awhile he was struggling with top 50's, and now he's back to his potential. I hope he perform as well on race day and take a win at some point here

Also, Loic, Tbro, and Neko all in the top 10. With Rude just 4.3 seconds off their time in the top 20. The future is looking bright for the young guys.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Neko won 10 word cups for trek?
God damn, I've been away from RM far too long.

Neko Mullaly is taking over for trek where Gwin left off. Next year is going to be his breakout year, and the year after specialized will pick him up. His results will start to suffer no matter how much money specialized throws at him.

This is as an ideal ending to the season as could possibly happen. A 3 point differential coming into the finals is awesome. Also pumped to see mick up there again, it seems like for awhile he was struggling with top 50's, and now he's back to his potential. I hope he perform as well on race day and take a win at some point here

Also, Loic, Tbro, and Neko all in the top 10. With Rude just 4.3 seconds off their time in the top 20. The future is looking bright for the young guys.

squiby

Chimp
Jul 26, 2010
Anybody watching 4x right now? It's pretty good.
OT BUT...That final was sik!

Joost was the tactician extraordinaire for the win. Coming from the back, cutting inside, pulling back while the field wreck, pumping and squishing for the speed, cutting in again and then defending as he takes the line. Not often there is a track where people can come from behind like that. Best final I can remember!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Neko won 10 word cups for trek?
God damn, I've been away from RM far too long.
I guess when I said "next year is going to be his breakout year" I wasn't quite clear enough. I'll rephrase so the internet sleuths can follow along.

next year is going to be his breakout year.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Also pumped to see mick up there again, it seems like for awhile he was struggling with top 50's, and now he's back to his potential. I hope he perform as well on race day and take a win at some point here
Agreed. Would be cool to see him finally get the win he deserves.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
That top 10 is awesome. Stoked to see Mick, Bruni, Blenki, Neko, Peaty, Marcelo, Beer all pinning. The field is getting so deep these days.

What's the story with Hill and Hart DNF and Minnaar DNS? They are all prequalified, will they all be racing?

So pumped for this race!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Any1 knows what has happened to Hart? His DNF, and there is a letter Q, as well?

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
best case would be mic wins,smith gets the overall and SOL Gee,
No ill will, hate, or anything like that on my part for Gee, but Mik winning and Smith getting the overall would be pretty sick!

Rumor is Hill and Minnaar both now have an injured knee. Now, I'm not 100% sure, but even if you are a protected rider, as long as you break the starter bar in qualifying, you will race even if you DNF. If you DNS, protected rider or not, you do not race. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.....I have no idea what happened to Hart.

Smith rode the PMB bike for 1 or 2 runs, then went to the Wilson.

edit: Looks like Minnaar tore his ACL. He's out for this race.

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I've got a feeling the extra pressure on Gee and stevie might lead to a few corners pushed too hard and a few mistakes creeping, they'll finish top 5, but my money is on Blenki to win.

He's got nothing to lose and the course suits his big wheels. Who knows, I'm full of indian food and spent all of 8 seconds creating this in depth hypothesis.