Quantcast

Leogang 2024

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Not having protected people seems like a bad idea but maybe it will lead to the big teams pressuring everyone to end the semis. Ffs. Just don't televise the people outside of the top30. Freecaster and RB didn't show everyone. Do full 60. Stop making it complicated. Trying to make it fit for Eurosport is silly
i can watch juniors, women and men in one go right now. i don‘t want to wait for the next broadcast just so more people can ride down in a finale

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Oh. would you look at that ? Who’s pissed now ?

Loic saying he’d like a job like Rhuirdh’s at WCs after he retires from racing so long as he didn’t have to deal with riders complaints was also quite funny.
Silly Loic must’ve forgotten he wont have to since his *riders union* was established and is now doing such a great job.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Oh. would you look at that ? Who’s pissed now ?

Loic saying he’d like a job like Rhuirdh’s at WCs after he retires from racing so long as he didn’t have to deal with riders complaints was also quite funny.
Silly Loic must’ve forgotten he wont have to since his *riders union* was established and is now doing such a great job.
Was it established? I'm genuinely asking since it seems slopestyle guys are better organized in fighting for shit they want.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting. I can see how two kids who found themselves becoming successful, famous, very well paid world travelling professional mountain bike racers before each of them had even even had a proper job might have found the reality of setting up and running their “union” to be a tad less attractive proposition than their big off season ideas.

Not sure slopestyle guys are that much better organised, just a smaller closer knit community more used to fending for themselves. And many won’t be pinned down or contractually bound to participate in particular series/events in the first place. Kinda more of a privateer type of lifestyle . And I doubt the Big S boys union would have even put all that much thought into the true plight of privateers.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting. I can see how two kids who found themselves becoming successful, famous, very well paid world travelling professional mountain bike racers before each of them had even even had a proper job might have found the reality of setting up and running their “union” to be a tad less attractive proposition than their big off season ideas.

Not sure slopestyle guys are that much better organised, just a smaller closer knit community more used to fending for themselves. And many won’t be pinned down or contractually bound to participate in particular series/events in the first place. Kinda more of a privateer type of lifestyle . And I doubt the Big S boys union would have even put all that much thought into the true plight of privateers.
I know nothing about slope style but I assume the economics are completely different. Those guys sell videos and try to win contests. Few are dumb enough to think that could land a double backflip if they have the same bike as a pro rider. But people will buy dumb shit after a pro downhiller wins a race with no chain. Racers have to race

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
DH racing main brand sponsorship money isn’t really spent on their DH teams/riders expecting a load of DH bike sales either. As for parts. If your favourite backflip guy rides with Diety bars you’re probably going to think they’ll be a safe bet for your local jumps. Also remember slopestyle riders ride DJ hardtails. Which are actually affordable en mass.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just rewatched Wyn's trackwalk video and Bruni raises a good idea for qualifying.

1 - have qualifying, top 30 go straight to the finals (plus protected riders (if that still exists))
2 - qualifying is then changed into a last chance type of race - top 10 riders get to join the finals, but don't go on TV. Win win for both sides.
3 - beer

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Just rewatched Wyn's trackwalk video and Bruni raises a good idea for qualifying.

1 - have qualifying, top 30 go straight to the finals (plus protected riders (if that still exists))
2 - qualifying is then changed into a last chance type of race - top 10 riders get to join the finals, but don't go on TV. Win win for both sides.
3 - beer
Surely thats setting the potential for the winning run to not be televised? Which seems shortsighted.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Surely thats setting the potential for the winning run to not be televised? Which seems shortsighted.
Perhaps, but how often do the 30+ ranked riders win?

Also still gives them a chance at SOME coverage and more importantly, points for being protected.

Also better than everyone below top 20nor something getting booted. Especially if the protected status goes away, like what Bruni Also mentions.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

I think the bolded part may be key. If part of the union are people who always had a fuckton of support first from parents and then factory teams then there might be lesser awareness of the problems. As you say. Privater life is a bit different. I traveled to some events with some slope guys and yeah. Even if you get paid good money you don't get a team bus. You take the wrong frame to a comp? Well that's your problem.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
They record all runs and still show the fastest guy from the non televised people. Easy solution to that problem and exactly what was done in the past

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Asa doing what he does.

Perhaps, but how often do the 30+ ranked riders win?

Also still gives them a chance at SOME coverage and more importantly, points for being protected.

Also better than everyone below top 20nor something getting booted. Especially if the protected status goes away, like what Bruni Also mentions.
Last year at Snowshoe Oisin won with plate #43, Ethan Craik 8th with plate #42.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
TBow in 9th,no Team under his name. What is he riding? I thought he was in trouble with the Law?

Avy

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
TBow in 9th,no Team under his name. What is he riding? I thought he was in trouble with the Law?

Avy
privateer program cos the teams noped him. Riding his Canyon bike for now. Haven't heard if the legal thing progressed.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
privateer program cos the teams noped him. Riding his Canyon bike for now. Haven't heard if the legal thing progressed.
Do we know who she is? Does he have a Wrench? Wyn ain’t talking to him it seems,as well as others.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Wyn talked to him, or someone interviewed him.

Who she is or even the details are probably none of our business.
I did not see anyone do an Interview. Would Love to see it.

I think you are a bit confused on his mis hap. When you are a Pro,getting paid monies you have a Contract. If you step outside that Contract,you have to Face the Music. Now I don’t know any details,but the Courts will. Not sure what you mean about our business? Is this matter upsetting you?

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I did not see anyone do an Interview. Would Love to see it.

I think you are a bit confused on his mis hap. When you are a Pro,getting paid monies you have a Contract. If you step outside that Contract,you have to Face the Music. Now I don’t know any details,but the Courts will. Not sure what you mean about our business? Is this matter upsetting you?

Avy

Potential victims have the right to not be talked about by dipshits on the internet.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Potential victims have the right to not be talked about by dipshits on the internet.
I agree Westy. I was just wondering what the Fuck is going on?

He was cut.
I thought the Law was involved.
Did not think he would be racing until the matter was dealt with.
Hence my question to begin with.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I agree Westy. I was just wondering what the Fuck is going on?

He was cut.
I thought the Law was involved.
Did not think he would be racing until the matter was dealt with.
Hence my question to begin with.

Avy
Whatever happened the legal system is still has decided he is free to do his thing but that does not mean sponsors want his name associated with theirs.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Didn't they hit during semis? Girls had some unusual results. This track is probably the worst to ride in the wet because the middle bikepark section means no one in their right mind would run spikes anyway. So everyone is risking it in the forest with mixed condition tires.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK

3 - beer
Or just scrap semi entirely and go back to 60 in finals televising the last 30 (beginning the stream with the current fastest run)
Yknow... Like it used to be. Worked perfectly well. And everyone was happy with.

Loic talks a lot of shit

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Or just scrap semi entirely and go back to 60 in finals televising the last 30 (beginning the stream with the current fastest run)
Yknow... Like it used to be. Worked perfectly well. And everyone was happy with.

Loic talks a lot of shit
but there would still be a break inbetween the live coverages and you need a whole day in front of the tv to see everything.or are you suggesting the juniors should not be shown anymore?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
A break is fine mate.

Watching Jnr Girls now on youtubes. Rach isn't bad at this with Josh