Quantcast

Leogang Lizard Cup 2018

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
If looks could kill, Pierron's head would've exploded in that podium. Gwin was just this near from calling Mr. Small Hands and asking for a Raptor drone to be sent upon Amaury's hometown :D.

Seriously, it's amazing how Dakotah is growing. And Shaw, oh man, he was flying until that crash. Great race for Greenland too!

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
and will Gwin get to the all-time wins record? This will be an interesting long-term battle between Minnaar and Gwin.
second by 0.5 with a fucked thumb?... Er.. .I think somehow, fully injury free he just might.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
second by 0.5 with a fucked thumb?... Er.. .I think somehow, fully injury free he just might.
Minnaar is still racing when he returns from injury, right?

[Edit: I'm just projecting and I'm now headed to a forum for cat lovers and then to the nearest Christian house of worship]

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
the latest in Endureau fashion, the new Le Douche line from TLD:

How does it work? Simple really...its so god damned hideous, it forces you to ride out of your mind and get down the hill so you can change into something less saturated in douche juice.
I'm thinking this might be the actual reason the Commencal guys are so fast this season: they want to get out of their turd suits as fast as possible.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Miranda Miller - what's the deal?
One (*lucky?) World Champs run? then back to her usual performances? Sorry. I don't pay massive attention to the wiminz is there something I'm missing?

*remember Tracy had it in the bag but crashed and Rach DNS

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Minnaar is still racing when he returns from injury, right?

Gwin races to fill a void and to celebrate the love of Jeebus. One could call it perspective, but he'd be jsut as happy to be the best at shuffleboard, I think. Minnaar is a rider's rider and I think he'll race as long as he needs to in order to preserve that all-time wins record.

Gwin appears to be trying to prove something to himself each weekend. Minnaar's a mountain biker to the core. I know who I like better.
Huh??
Nobody would do this if they weren't totally committed and passionate about it. Every one of those racers ARE trying to prove something each weekend, that they're faster than anybody else that day. You know ... racing.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
but he'd be jsut as happy to be the best at shuffleboard, I think. Minnaar is a rider's rider and I think he'll race as long as he needs to in order to preserve that all-time wins record.
WTF are you talking about? You've seen Gwin ride BMX and Moto aye?
him and Greg both grew up prettty much doing 2 wheel shit all the time and were fucking awesome at all of it from a very young age.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Huh??
Nobody would do this if they weren't totally committed and passionate about it. Every one of those racers ARE trying to prove something each weekend, that they're faster than anybody else that day. You know ... racing.
This is genius commentary and absolutely addresses what I wrote. For sure.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I think it's a bit different. Gwin got the sads when the moto thing didn't pan out, then went from digging ditches to racing downhill. To a guy with that background I'm sure the downhill wins will always seem lower caliber than a moto career.

But, you know, it's an opinion. I believe I've even seen you take a stance as well here.
The only time I've ever seen somebody do so much projecting is when they start talking about their pets and pretend they're human. Maybe take a step back on making claims about what Gwin values and what's important to him if you'd like to avoid looking like a crazy cat lady.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Aaron Gwin is a splendiferous bike racer and a gift to us all. His beliefs aren't weird at all and he's consistently likable and a great ambassador for the sport and, in turn, humanity.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
The only time I've ever seen somebody do so much projecting is when they start talking about their pets and pretend they're human. Maybe take a step back on making claims about what Gwin values and what's important to him if you'd like to avoid looking like a crazy cat lady.
Yeah bro! You told me. See above: I'm heading to the Cat Fancy boards now.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Aaron Gwin is a splendiferous bike racer and a gift to us all. His beliefs aren't weird at all and he's consistently likable and a great ambassador for the sport and, in turn, humanity.
I would have agreed a few years ago that Gwin is not a "mtb biker" in his heart as many others are and that he is more plain and simple a racer that wants to be the best. But for me it seems he has slowly been changing towards a "true" mtb biker. I think the true test is when he beats the number of WC wins and if stille keeps his pace and hunger to go fast.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Half a second back with a dislocated thumb. Bloody hell. When I dislocated my thumb it hurt to even hold a handlebar and the thumb was too weak to even support my weight on a bike. Ridiculous debates about real MTBer or not, the dude is tough as f*ck.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
This entire conversation about Gwin is bonkers. Dudes a mountain biker, end of story. Moving on, Amaury is on a goddamn roll, I'm pumped as hell he had back to back wins, and I'm super excited to see what he has in store for us along with luca and brook in val di sol. Anybody know if Minnaar will be back for Val di Sol?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That was a fun race to watch. I was rooting for Shaw there at the end, but its cool to see Amaury win another one. Guy seems pretty cool.

3:00 :rofl:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
He only tried his hand at dh because he couldn't make a living racing moto.
So? He's been riding 10,000 hours of mountain bikes a year basically and living, breathing, and eating mountain bikes for the past 10 years. Not to mention he'd never ridden downhill before, stopped moto because of injuries not speed, and was immediately hooked when he started DH. I donno, this conversation seems pretty stupid and crazy and I can't tell who's fucking with me and who genuinely believes something so crazy. Either way, I'm gonna bow out of this conversation because I don't really give a shit, if I spent all day trying to explain to people how wrong they were over the internet, I'd never get anything done.

PS: before you try and suck me back in, I'm well aware that there are only 8760 hours in a year. It's called a hyperbole, read a book Karen.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
He only tried his hand at dh because he couldn't make a living racing moto, largely in part due to injuries.
I'm 99% sure Ratboy only tried DH because he was born too late to be the frontman for a hair metal meets reggae band but that doesn't make him any less of a MTBer.