Quantcast

Leogang World Cup - Live Thread

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
good to see Neko on the start list

Fraser, can you (or his dad) confirm he is going to race or is he just feeling it out after being out with injury?

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
One of the Supercross races this season Reed complained about a triple to the officials after his heat race, said it was not safe and that was not needed on the track. Wouldn't you know that same triple ended Villapoto and Tedesco's season in the main. (also took out a couple of 250 riders) Did not stop Reed from hitting the triple because that is what he knows that is what he has to do.

I guess what I am saying is what General Lee said, these guys know what is right and what is not about a track but they will do what they have to do to win.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
it is. Sven and I were about 100 ft from it when it happened. It was ridiculous. Luckily Matti walked away in one piece.
He should seriously consider visiting an exorcist. He seems like the most unlucky guy on the circut. I really liked his riding style when he was in top form and with so many accidents I doubt we will see him in top form soon.

Fraser - Is it his riding style or is he really that unlucky?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
he's referring to the fact that 4x riders cant ever agree on what's good. its always too one-line, too easy, too much like bmx, too much like dh . . . . blah, blah, blah.
No, I was referring specifically to the short lived DH BMX races held at woodward years ago.

Big, well-groomed track with gigantic jumps that if you missed, your run was over. It was a gate race. I don't think there was any passing whatsoever in those races because it was like being on a big water slide. One line and everyone is in it, the only difference in placing due to to holeshot positions.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
Well, Ben Reid thinks the steep and technical bits are GREAT, from the looks on the videos it looks like it is going to be a great race.

As for the whining; the track has been used before, WC guys are not going light speed compared to the IXS riders.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
No, I was referring specifically to the short lived DH BMX races held at woodward years ago.

Big, well-groomed track with gigantic jumps that if you missed, your run was over. It was a gate race. I don't think there was any passing whatsoever in those races because it was like being on a big water slide. One line and everyone is in it, the only difference in placing due to to holeshot positions.
They also tried it at X games and tried the triple crown series, both failed to gain any fan base.

Is leogang XC only?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Well, Ben Reid thinks the steep and technical bits are GREAT, from the looks on the videos it looks like it is going to be a great race.

As for the whining; the track has been used before, WC guys are not going light speed compared to the IXS riders.
You sure all the IXS riders where happy with the track? ;) Because you seem to assume so. They have the right not to like it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They also tried it at X games and tried the triple crown series, both failed to gain any fan base.
Always looked fun as hell to ride the tracks. Made for some boring assed racing though. Big jumps and smoove tracks are cool and all but going too far that way hinders the mixing up that makes 4x interesting. I still think 4x or mountain cross should be like the dh domination stuff. 4 mountain bikers, riding on a (possibly wider than normal) MOUNTAIN BIKE trail. All these little man made 'rock gardens' are cute and all but don't really add too much mountain biking to a glorified, loose bmx track.

The big straight away in this track actually looks techy enough to be pretty good. Hitting all the lines and getting good acceleration should set people apart without having to t-bone the crap out of each other in sketchy corners. I guess we'll see tomorrow. (11am pacific from what I can tell.)

Is leogang XC only?

No there's a dh and 4x race too. :rofl:

What are you asking exactly? You mean the bike park?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Always looked fun as hell to ride the tracks. Made for some boring assed racing though. Big jumps and smoove tracks are cool and all but going too far that way hinders the mixing up that makes 4x interesting. I still think 4x or mountain cross should be like the dh domination stuff. 4 mountain bikers, riding on a (possibly wider than normal) MOUNTAIN BIKE trail. All these little man made 'rock gardens' are cute and all but don't really add too much mountain biking to a glorified, loose bmx track.

The big straight away in this track actually looks techy enough to be pretty good. Hitting all the lines and getting good acceleration should set people apart without having to t-bone the crap out of each other in sketchy corners. I guess we'll see tomorrow. (11am pacific from what I can tell.)

No there's a dh and 4x race too. :rofl:

What are you asking exactly? You mean the bike park?
I think that as long as you can provide many lines of similar quality (ie. giving riders on them equal chances it wont work anyway. The only way I see it is dual slalom and that is why I understand so many people want it. Well that or GS like on the open. Thats fun too. Though 4x is more spectator friendly so it will stay probably.

Also loved to watch that bmx dh stuff as a kid

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
wierd...spoke with someone on the phone today who is actually racing and was pretty dismissive about all of this...he made it sound like the course was NBD(said it was quite fun actually)...sounds like there isn't that much "whining" about the actual safety of the course but rather a bunch of people getting carried away on the internet....

but that's coming from someone who actually rode the course, so i'll take it with a grain of salt:D

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
wierd...spoke with someone on the phone today who is actually racing and was pretty dismissive about all of this...he made it sound like the course was NBD(said it was quite fun actually)...sounds like there isn't that much "whining" about the actual safety of the course but rather a bunch of people getting carried away on the internet....

but that's coming from someone who actually rode the course, so i'll take it with a grain of salt:D
you have no idea what you're talking about, and you have no friends that actually ride bikes. Go paddle your boogey board into some sick waves in San Diego you dick dragger.

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
Matti's wheel what DESTROYED from that. If you pause the video you can see its in two pieces. I just don't see why Mavic does not make them strong enough to be able to withstand hitting a tree like that.
This is sarcasm for you who will not get it.
LEGOland is a tough place.:D