Quantcast

Les Gets 2022 - World Champs!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I don't think it's "honor". For athletes sports is their job so in those sports where theoretically you can't compete with PEDs honor has nothing to do with it. You want to keep your job or you start doing something else.
I think this was the central argument in Tyler Hamilton's book "The Secret Race". I also think it's why Floyd Landis was so pissed off.
As for Amaury - he was relatively big pre injury. He had a lot of time to train given the covid stuff. It wasn't a short time and you can train while injured you just focus on training around the injury.
I could be wrong, but there's also the fact that he's still growing. As in, back in 2019 he was 23. So still pretty close to being a young lad. I seem to recall growing thicker as I aged too... (even if 23 was a really long time ago for me...) :homer:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I seem to recall growing thicker as I aged too...
You tell that to all the girls, don't ya?

Though honestly yeah. In my early 20s I was super skinny despite eating a ton and training a ton and now I have more muscle with less training so this could explain it.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
By "leaner" I meant more muscle definition. Not smaller.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I know timed training means nothing... But this battle is and has been epic all year.

Polish_20220901_193048871.png

0.049 :crazy:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
No Brother,yoked up is thicker,which is exactly what I meant. He in no way was leaner when he came back. I thought it was a shoulder injury? Or Back? So when Norbar sais you can ”train” while injured,sure you can,just not that area. His Neck,Shoulder and Arms were thicker to me.
Ah if you look at pics of him riding in 2019 he was still pretty ripped. I don't think he's exploded in size any more than most dudes change at that age period.

Troy Brosnan did the same to an extent. Jackson Goldstone will probably add a bunch of mass too. A couple of years in Senior Men following the training regime the teams put them on will do that.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I know timed training means nothing... But this battle is and has been epic all year.

View attachment 181374

0.049 :crazy:
Throw in the fact that they've both been putting up times that would put them in top 5 elite mens on tracks that haven't seen significant changes over the course of the day, they're both going to be a threat for podiums and wins within the next few years I bet.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
This one is for you @aaronjb
Please don’t burst my bubble, tho.

View attachment 181750
Breaking news: shady American suspected to be Nino's PED dealer. Disguising his illegal business by pretending to be a snowboard and bespoke bicycle frame builder, he use the income to finance his lavish lifestyle in Switzerland. Neighbor said: "I would have never expected this, he is such a nice guy and even helped me carry the groceries upstairs." ;) :D

Last edited: