Quantcast

Les Gets 2022 - World Champs!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Who knows with these one day races Avy. Finn is fast and on form, so is Greenland, Kerr and Kolb, current champ Minnaar might do goat-like things, Brosnan may remember he is Mr. Consistent. Hard to look past Amaury, he'll go all out at World Champs then turn his attention to the overall at Val di Sole having choked at MSA. So yes, Gwin has a chance of winning.
Frenchies always have the advantage of great support from the federation so I'd bet on one of them that's healthy.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Super hard to pick a favourite, although you'd be mad not to consider Amaury given his results this year. Finn, Kolb and Kerr are in crazy good form this year as well, although there's a few past Champs who aren't in the running for the WC overall that might have made this their focus for the year as well (Loic and Greg). With Troy's season writen off he could be aiming for this as well.

In summary - only @jackalope knows. Wait for his predictions

Both the Junior men and women have had rivalries going all year and will be epic. Wish they'd televise the juniors sometimes.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
On a track like Les Get's I think Amoury will be the fastest guy... Whether that transpires as a win is a whole other story

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Super hard to pick a favourite, although you'd be mad not to consider Amaury given his results this year. Finn, Kolb and Kerr are in crazy good form this year as well, although there's a few past Champs who aren't in the running for the WC overall that might have made this their focus for the year as well (Loic and Greg). With Troy's season writen off he could be aiming for this as well.

In summary - only @jackalope knows. Wait for his predictions

Both the Junior men and women have had rivalries going all year and will be epic. Wish they'd televise the juniors sometimes.
Yeah, as I said, who knows. Amaury and Finn are probably the favorites based on current form. Loic loves the one day races. I'd be surprised if Daprela makes the top 3.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
But not always...

:brows:
Man oh Man,that was a Heart Breaker. He was 7 seconds up on that turn. Got up and still got third. I remember all the hubbub about the Little Rock that caused the spill. They had it all blown up and everything. Maxis tire and all. Poor Sausage came in too Hot. I always wondered what his speed was coming into that turn? That,is what you call Racin. If,If,If. If he had known he was 7 seconds up,he would have slowed down in that corner. And so on. That to me,was By Far the Biggest HeartBreak at Worlds I have Ever seen!

Avy

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I see he is using the same armor system on his elbows that I used on my knees.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Man oh Man,that was a Heart Breaker. He was 7 seconds up on that turn. Got up and still got third. I remember all the hubbub about the Little Rock that caused the spill. They had it all blown up and everything. Maxis tire and all. Poor Sausage came in too Hot. I always wondered what his speed was coming into that turn? That,is what you call Racin. If,If,If. If he had known he was 7 seconds up,he would have slowed down in that corner. And so on. That to me,was By Far the Biggest HeartBreak at Worlds I have Ever seen!

Avy
oh... I dunno
Peaty actually cried after this...
1661186353996.png

Many a heart has been broken at Worlds... And I don't just mean by Cedric round the back of the after party

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
oh... I dunno
View attachment 180895
Many a heart has been broken at Worlds... And I don't just mean by Cedric round the back of the after party
Can we Post the Actual Video of these Heart Stopin moments? That would be Grand to re-live if not for just a moment.

Avy

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
oh... I dunno
View attachment 180895
I was at that race and saw the crash! What a bummer.

I’ve seen Cedric do so many nasty things. He is such a pain in the ass if you are part of the organization of an event and pretty funny if you are a bystander. Just don’t drink the « beer » he offers you at the after party.

Any of you guys going to Worlds?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
oh... I dunno
View attachment 180895
Cried? There is “no crying” in DownHill! Get a hold you’re self. Sorry Gary,that does not Top Sam. Next!

Avy

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
Is that why everybody rides enduro now?

Both Peaty and Hill were up and crashed in a corner within sight of the finish line.
You'd be happy to know that Peaty successfully navigated that corner twenty years later with the help of Nicolas Vouilluz! Hurrah!

See 4th minute of this video:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Worst part about using a VPN is that you'll get ads from that country. But def worth it to watch the worlds!

For what it's worth, I use PIA VPN (Private Internet Access) $40/year and comes in handy for traveling (ever had to tell your wife not to buy anything on line while using the hotel's "free" wifi?).

And really comes in handy for anything where you don't want anyone or anything tracking your internet usage.