Quantcast

Les Gets, eh?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Man,so much to catch up on. Only saw Amery’s run and know nothing else? I have HBO Max on Dish TV for the Wife who Love’s those Dragon’s. Trying to figure out how to watch my Race?

Did everyone run Mud Tires?

I saw Hatton go over the Mesh.

Bruni is not the God you thought he was?

Will the French Rule DH?

I don’t think so.

Avy
So when you're on the Max machine. Look up to the top. That's usually called the top tier menu. There's a "B-R Sports" select that. Then find the race. There's lots of sports. But it'll be there somewhere. In between all the moto GP and Soccer. It'll be a bit annoying, so just prepare for that. Replays are harder to find than the up and coming. Good luck!

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
You base your all time favourite DH race runs on number of spectators?
Guess they must all be from Ft William.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yeah, it's adapting to conditions. Isn't it?

Not all dirt is equal.

Not all wet conditions are equal.

Not all conditions even dry are equal.

May the best rider win under the conditions they are given.

Amoury put on a clinic on how to win given his conditions. Such a boss.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Pierron is on a whole other level. We haven't seen these types of margins since Prime Gwin/ Hill era.
WTH? How do you get faster recovering from a broken back?
Dak is painfully close to a win but it must seem so far when Pierron manhandles everyone like that twice in a row.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He didn't. He just got back to how fast he was pre-injury. Which was next level insanely fast on his day then too.
He also tends to be "win it or bin it", he is just really good at winning it. And when he bins it, he is really good at getting helicopter rides.

Last edited:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Pierron is on a whole other level. We haven't seen these types of margins since Prime Gwin/ Hill era.
WTH? How do you get faster recovering from a broken back?
Dak is painfully close to a win but it must seem so far when Pierron manhandles everyone like that twice in a row.
No Brother,Pierron is not on another level,he is back to himself.

He is on Fire, but so is Bruni/Dak,Finn and others. He is Mad(and Avy would be too)at Bruni gettin All that Love. He is French,who is the King of French? Yeah Brother,it’s on! Myself,I prefer Pierron,aka for Avy,The Freak!

It is amazing his recovery from that injury. I am so happy for him.

Also,Benny the Jet,can not figure out what is going on with him talking French? Another Frenchie who Avy Holds high Regard to.

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
No Brother,Pierron is not on another level,he is back to himself.

He is on Fire, but so is Bruni/Dak,Finn and others...

Also,Benny...

Avy
Mate. You need to start actually watching the races. Before commenting.
All those riders you mentioned were not anywhere near Pieron's level this weekend.

He is Mad(and Avy would be too)at Bruni gettin All that Love. He is French,who is the King of French?
where do you come up with this nonsense? :drag:

It's not Love island... Most WC racers are matey outside of the tapes.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
All those riders you mentioned were not anywhere near Pieron's level this weekend.

I'm not saying Avy watched it, but Pierron as good as says so in this interview:

they go on for a bit about how Amaury feels Loïc snubs him at the races... and then the interviewer asks Amaury about his race run, gets distracted and moves on before he had time to answer... it was all kind of funny and tongue in cheek, but there's always a kernel of truth below that sort of snark.

that said, they definitely appear to be well chummy off the mountain...

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I guess, sarcasm doesn't transfer well through the medium of youtube subtitles

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
After watching that I take it back.

It pretty much IS Love Island

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
After watching that I take it back.

It pretty much IS Love Island
I had to look up Love Island... Another one of those Survivor / Big Brother shows... For the life of me I can't figure out how people watch those shows... I fukkin want to stab my eyes out with a fork and murder babies after 2 minutes of it...

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I had to look up Love Island... Another one of those Survivor / Big Brother shows... For the life of me I can't figure out how people watch those shows... I fukkin want to stab my eyes out with a fork and murder babies after 2 minutes of it...
Yeah. Imagine being subjected to 2 minutes of a weekly cycling podcast when you have no knowledge of cycling.
As with all reality shows. it's getting to know the various characters and their interactions that makes them entertaining... Which obviously takes a lot longer than 2 minutes too.

"Love Island" and the like. Once you're invested in the show is a lot more entertaining to a far wider audience than bicycle racing is. eg. Especially the real nerd fan stuff like that half hour long half English half French Bro interview above or Fox's latest half hour strung out Jordy video analysing how Greg Minnaar one of the top riders on the circuit managed to podium running down a course in better condition than 80% of the field and where 70% of the riders to follow crashed.

There's certainly no need to self harm. Nevermind commit heinous acts against children. or TBF even share your disdain for stuff you've never watched. and probably never will.

Pick someone else's special interest. Be a dick about it. :brows:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah. Imagine being subjected to 2 minutes of a weekly cycling podcast when you have no knowledge of cycling.
As with all reality shows. it's getting to know the various characters and their interactions that makes them entertaining... Which obviously takes a lot longer than 2 minutes too.

"Love Island" and the like. Once you're invested in the show is a lot more entertaining to a far wider audience than bicycle racing is. eg. Especially the real nerd fan stuff like that half hour long half English half French Bro interview above or Fox's latest half hour strung out Jordy video analysing how Greg Minnaar one of the top riders on the circuit managed to podium running down a course in better condition than 80% of the field and where 70% of the riders to follow crashed.

There's certainly no need to self harm. Nevermind commit heinous acts against children. or TBF even share your disdain for stuff you've never watched. and probably never will.

Pick someone else's special interest. Be a dick about it. :brows:
1720548869845.png

my disdain for it comes from listening my extended family drone on and on and on about Survivor at family gatherings. makes my eyes bleed. I'd rather listen to my brother in law tell me over and over again how great Messi is...

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
my disdain for it comes from listening my extended family drone on and on and on about Survivor at family gatherings. makes my eyes bleed. I'd rather listen to my brother in law tell me over and over again how great Messi is...
Sounds like your extended family might have more interests in common with each other.
Imagine *if* they knew just how interesting cycling bro chat is... Just imagine.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sounds like your extended family might have more interests in common with each other.
Imagine *if* they knew just how interesting cycling bro chat is... Just imagine.
that's why I don't bore them with it! Though I'll chat for hours with my nephew about freestyle and urban skiing...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

Gary,you need to understand what people write. You can’t see the Forest through the Trees Mate.

Member when I said”nobody cares about your PB Fantasy League“ thread? “I’m talking Real World Gary“. Member?

You mis understood it. Just like this Post of mine.

First: All those riders Are on the Same Level as Pieron. He was the Best that day. He took it to the Edge,found his Zone,and had good luck.

How does your smart ass comment hold up to Sam Hill up 7 Seconds coming into the last turn at the Worlds. I mean,No One was “on his Level” that day were they? So what happened Brother,tell Avy.

Stop with you’re I need to watch more cause no one was on his level bullshit. I was saying that it has been a long road for him and he is mad/frustated/anxious and ready tobe on Top where he was. Bruni is King right now,Period. I don’t give a Fuck if they are Lovers. When at the Gate,it’s time to Grip and Rip,and there is No Love! This ain’t Football Mate,a team Sport,this is you and the clock. Nothing Funny about the Money. Stop with they are buddies Bullshit. This is there Job. For Fucks Sake.

Where do You come up with this non sense? It’s not Love Island,that is the worst thought of your post.

Avy

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
View attachment 214650
I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to Survivor.

I'd just like to like your use of The Big Lebowski meme. Love it. Love The Dude.

"Shut the fuck up Donnie!" LOL Need to find one of those memes...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Gary,you need to understand what people write. You can’t see the Forest through the Trees Mate.

Member when I said”nobody cares about your PB Fantasy League“ thread? “I’m talking Real World Gary“. Member?

You mis understood it. Just like this Post of mine.

First: All those riders Are on the Same Level as Pieron. He was the Best that day. He took it to the Edge,found his Zone,and had good luck.

How does your smart ass comment hold up to Sam Hill up 7 Seconds coming into the last turn at the Worlds. I mean,No One was “on his Level” that day were they? So what happened Brother,tell Avy.

Stop with you’re I need to watch more cause no one was on his level bullshit. I was saying that it has been a long road for him and he is mad/frustated/anxious and ready tobe on Top where he was. Bruni is King right now,Period. I don’t give a Fuck if they are Lovers. When at the Gate,it’s time to Grip and Rip,and there is No Love! This ain’t Football Mate,a team Sport,this is you and the clock. Nothing Funny about the Money. Stop with they are buddies Bullshit. This is there Job. For Fucks Sake.

Where do You come up with this non sense? It’s not Love Island,that is the worst thought of your post.

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
DH actually is a team sport.

Meh

Ps. Instead of losing your shit once again @Avy. Actually go back and re-read that reply I gave to your thoughts. Calmly.

Last edited: