Quantcast

Les Gets holiday

ArthurDH

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Italy
hi everybody
me and three friends are planning on spending around 4 days riding in Les Gets
does anybody know the best town to stay in?
or the name of some room-renter, hotel, hostel, etc that doesn't cost too much and is near the lifts?

thanks a lot!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
If you want to ride in Les Gets, only, it makes sense to stay in Les Gets.
I am sure they've got some web-site where You will find accommodation center numer or e-mail address.
Les Gets is a small town, so it's always close to the lifts ;)
But, if somehow You end up in Morzine (biggest village in the area) make sure You get a place to stay close to tourism office.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
If you stay in Les Gets, you have the problem of getting back to Les Gets after every day riding. Morzine is much more central to the Portes du Soleil. Easy to ride there, get out of and get back home again after your day's riding.

Les Gets' tracks are certainly not the best in the region either. Your choice though, but I would personally look at Morzine. I'm biased however.

Joe

Monkey
Dec 5, 2003
HoyHoy
Same as. Morzine would be the best place to stay. More bars, clubs and easier to get to all the tracks without having to make the final chairlift to get home.

If you're from italy why not go to Pila though?

Gridds

Monkey
Dec 18, 2008
Great Britain
Yeah, definitely stay in Morzine. I've stayed at both Morzine and Les Gets. Morzine is the bigger town, better night life, best for lift access which makes things much easier, for example - getting the first lift up Super Morzine to go to the other tracks in the PDS and over to Switzerland etc.

Plus when you've had a few pints of Mutzig at the end of a good day riding you won't be stuck when the lifts close :busted: :cheers:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Send me your dates and I'll try to come up with some options here for you. You are looking for budget and close to town right? Self catered or catered?

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Another vote for Morzine.

Bike storage bike storage bike storage... make sure this is sorted and agreed before you get there.

ph4se_1

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
hey, sorry to derail the post a bit here,but does anyone have experience with morzine as in the night life,non bike related activities etc? few of us heading over from dublin around the 5th of july for 2weeks.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Being a ski resort, every night can go off. There are many many bars and evry one of them could be crammed.

Summertime can be a little quieter, but you'll be assured of a good night out.

As for non bike related, check the morzine website. There is loads to do: golf, horses, hiking, whitewater rafting, canyoning, via-ferrata, rock climbing...

Anyone coming out here, drop me a line. If I can, I'll show you around.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
Anyone coming out here, drop me a line. If I can, I'll show you around.
Hi Damo, I wrote to you earlier on in the year about Morzine. Our original group of 6 grew to 12, we'll be staying in Morzine from Thursday 25 June to Sunday 5 July. Some of the guys rode there last year and voted overwhelmingly for Chatel and Avoriaz but we'd be really pleased if you could show us any of the more out-of-the-way tracks.