Les Gets World Cup or showing them Americans on how to gather a sizable crowd

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
If it wasn't for French air strikes Americans ground troops never would have been able to take British airports during the Revolutionary War.
I'm sure Space Force played a top secret role too.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct

"Gee Atherton's neutral gear mechanism. The idea here is that on rougher sections of track, He'd shift into the dead gear to eliminate pedal feedback."

Thats cool as fuk

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ

"Gee Atherton's neutral gear mechanism. The idea here is that on rougher sections of track, He'd shift into the dead gear to eliminate pedal feedback."

Thats cool as fuk
pretty sure others have done this before, just not sure if during a race.
did canyon ever test their disconnected drivetrain version of this during an actual race?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
props to anyone who, going that fast in terrain that ruff, has the presence of mind to think "ok, time to shift into my bummer gear" and then, a few seconds later, "ok, back into my mere mortal gear."

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia

There's no way I wouldn't fuck that up an go over the bars or blow my feet off the pedals. I am simply not that organized and proficient to be able to get away with having a neutral gear mechanism attached to my DH bike.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
There's no way I wouldn't fuck that up an go over the bars or blow my feet off the pedals. I am simply not that organized and proficient to be able to get away with having a neutral gear mechanism attached to my DH bike.
maybe practise on the trail bike first?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I would LOVE to try that.

Brosnan had one a while back, but I never saw any post-race discussion of it.

Thats cool as fuk

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Cathro sure is excited about that track, race should be a banger no matter if it stays dry or not. Also loved his story about the menace of fauxtographers at recent events.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just watched Cathrovision track walk. Looks like its gonna be stupid fast. Doesn't look too rough from what he showed, but definitely flat out. If it rains it will be driftacular.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
send us a smoke signal when you get a UCI race

:busted:
At the pace our actual government is destroying the country, that might be the only communication method available down here...

Fun fact: there was an allegedly firm proposal to have a UCI DH WC race down here maybe two years ago, at Villa La Angostura. It kinda vanished in the air, and nobody in the local DH scene knows why.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
At the pace our actual government is destroying the country, that might be the only communication method available down here...

Fun fact: there was an allegedly firm proposal to have a UCI DH WC race down here maybe two years ago, at Villa La Angostura. It kinda vanished in the air, and nobody in the local DH scene knows why.
i think it'd be fantastic to have a UCI WC stop in south america. but all the teams would complain. ALL. OF. THEM. it'd probably ruin their seasons travel budgets. hell, they complain when they have to come to north america for more than MSA.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Cool to see the reduced driver on the Mavic hub in action.

p3pb17449453.jpg

When will all the other s̶u̶c̶k̶h̶o̶l̶e̶s̶ manufacturers do something useful like this?