Quantcast

Les Gets World Cup or showing them Americans on how to gather a sizable crowd

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
So am I reading the results right? Vali Holl would have placed 1st in the elite womens!

3:26<3:27
Yeah, but it seemed pretty clear to me that Tracey was riding "composed" with an eye on the overall. I think if she went all out (and managed to stay upright, which is always dicey with a Hannah) she would've separated by a fair margin compared to Vali, as she has basically all season. Still, Vali is obviously legit AF and will only be getting faster moving forward. Also great to see such a strong run by Salazar! While Rach, Pom Pom, Tahnee and Trace still seem to be the class of the field, the second tier ladies are pretty damn impressive in their own right. Salazar sent that savage step down at the end as well as most of the dudes. Yay bikes!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i'm sure pierron will get all the headlights and more that he can handle after winning the french race on the french freedom day.

his, bruni, and greenland's runs were insane to watch...greenland's maybe the funnest because it was so dang rowdy.

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
i found it really fun to watch track side. Although you dont get all of the run, you get all of the speed, wild crowd and none of those 2 gobshites chatting over the bikes! I was mostly in the woods with the drop from cathrovision followed by corners. looooose af
Track was sick. nice steep fast pds stuff

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
Fun race to watch! Those flat meadow corners looked so fun.

Stoked for Greenland. Pierron really pushing it and staying up right was amazing!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
If I’m reading rootsandrain correctly, Fairclough hasn’t done better than 6th at a World Cup since 2010. (Ahem... how long has he been on Scott?)

Very cool to see him up there again.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun race to watch. I was cheering for Brendog to get on the podium, glad to see him up there finally.

Girlfriend thought the race was pretty "meh" to watch, until we got to the last bunch of racers. She almost knocked over a beer when Fin hit that hole right before the pavement crossing.

Speaking of Fin, love rooting for the guy, but damn calm down and stop crashing. :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Fun race to watch. I was cheering for Brendog to get on the podium, glad to see him up there finally.

Girlfriend thought the race was pretty "meh" to watch, until we got to the last bunch of racers. She almost knocked over a beer when Fin hit that hole right before the pavement crossing.

Speaking of Fin, love rooting for the guy, but damn calm down and stop crashing. :busted:
agreed, it was great seeing Brendog up towards the top again. wish he had made a podium!

also, speaking of Fin. He is now Bubba Fin.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
GoPro footage of Amaury's race run:

In the Vital Race Day Slideshow, in the first audio, he describes how he had unclipped in the sweeping right hander before dropping into the woods and smacked his pedal so hard on the road he thought he'd broken his crank. You can hear it at 1:05 in the video, along with a subtle "putain". How these guys and gals stay so focused and so composed after those kind of moments is amazing to me.

edited to add: I was re-watching the video at 0.25 speed, and I think you can see where he unclipped at 0:56. Lands in a rut going mach looney, and front wheel tucks in a bit and sort of stutters. :poopinmypants:

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I wouldn't even bother wearing a helmet at that speed, as you better hope you don't survive hitting the deck at Mach French. Just place a little vase of flowers on the side of the trail where the largest part of my carcass came to a stop.

Honestly, that was surreal. The crowd was incredibly loud too...just wow

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
You are right, the track is 1990m and it took a little less than 3min which means an average just over 40kph...

I will try to be more critical towards alternative facts in the future!
That makes more sense since it's way over Megaavalanche avg speeds and that track despite being enduro is way more suited towards high averages than any dh track

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Pierron just don't give a fuck?? That was super impressive.
Reminded me of St Anne 2017 when Danny came down in the rain totally wild run, he hoisted his bike in the air like he won it, until Gwin gave him an epic hold my beer moment coming down and putting seconds into everyone despite the rain. Kind of felt for Bruni watching his 4th win of the year on home soil, go away in less than 3 minutes.
Greenlands run was amazing also, the wild brits never seem to win but they are some of the best to watch for sure.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I wouldn't even bother wearing a helmet at that speed, as you better hope you don't survive hitting the deck at Mach French. Just place a little vase of flowers on the side of the trail where the largest part of my carcass came to a stop.

Honestly, that was surreal. The crowd was incredibly loud too...just wow
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz85q0enwWR/?igshid=cgypj5r9k24k

Anybody know what happened to Hart? He seemed to give up, but nothing obvious seemed wrong with the bike.